C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 10:09 AM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Default (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs?

The bottom line for me is: if it is fast, looks sexy and mean, then I like it. I don't care who makes it. I bought a brand new black '91 5.0L Mustang LX coupe, and it was an awesome car! No air, no power anything, just a 5.0L engine, and a 5 spd. That car rocked. Straight line acceleration was phenominal. With very little mods, I was running 13.80's. With a few more mods, I was into the high 12's!! All this from a car that cost me $16k CDN out the door, with about $3k of mods!! What more could you want or expect from such a cheap car? The brakes sucked, and the handling was okay, but, for the money, it was a blast! I still love Mustangs, old and new, and I know one day I will own one again.....who cares if it a Ford? has anyone seen the new Mach 1 Mustang they are making? Or what about that sexy new GT40? Both awesome cars.
I am very dissapointed with the current generation of Vettes. Don't get me wrong, mechanically, they are awesome cars, but visually, they bore me. They just seem so......plain, for a lack of a better term. Maybe "common" or "cookie cutter" is a better term. They just do not excite me at all. They just don't look beasty enough. About the only C5 that gets my heart rate up, besides the C5-R, is the Z06, and that is mostly based on mechanical performance. I wish the design team had come up with something a little more aggressive looking......like a Viper. GTS Viper's are, IMO, the sexiest, most bad-azz looking car on the road today, which also have the ***** to match their looks, and I would buy one of them over a C5 in a heartbeat. Killer looks, and performance. I wish I felt the same way about C5's. I think the aggressive styling of my 72 is timeless. It still almost looks contemporary on the road today, and is very unique, like a Viper is. I guess that is what I wish the C5's were......unique looking.
Jeeze, I just realized what a rant this has turned into!! Sorry!! I guess I am going to get flamed for this, but my point is after all this: it doesn't matter who makes it, a cool car is a cool car!! :cool:
For those of you who haven't seen the new Mach 1 Mustang:

Old 08-04-2002, 10:35 AM
danzig74c
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (7t2vette)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the blasphemy !!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :D :D
Old 08-04-2002, 10:50 AM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (7t2vette)

The bottom line for me is: if it is fast, looks sexy and mean, then I like it. I don't care who makes it.
That pretty much sums it up. :yesnod:
I've never been a fanatical brand loyalist.
Old 08-04-2002, 10:51 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

The bottom line for me is: if it is fast, looks sexy and mean, then I like it. I don't care who makes it. I bought a brand new black '91 5.0L Mustang LX coupe, and it was an awesome car! No air, no power anything, just a 5.0L engine, and a 5 spd. That car rocked. Straight line acceleration was phenominal. With very little mods, I was running 13.80's. With a few more mods, I was into the high 12's!! All this from a car that cost me $16k CDN out the door, with about $3k of mods!! What more could you want or expect from such a cheap car? The brakes sucked, and the handling was okay, but, for the money, it was a blast! I still love Mustangs, old and new, and I know one day I will own one again.....who cares if it a Ford? has anyone seen the new Mach 1 Mustang they are making? Or what about that sexy new GT40? Both awesome cars.
I am very dissapointed with the current generation of Vettes. Don't get me wrong, mechanically, they are awesome cars, but visually, they bore me. They just seem so......plain, for a lack of a better term. Maybe "common" or "cookie cutter" is a better term. They just do not excite me at all. They just don't look beasty enough. About the only C5 that gets my heart rate up, besides the C5-R, is the Z06, and that is mostly based on mechanical performance. I wish the design team had come up with something a little more aggressive looking......like a Viper. GTS Viper's are, IMO, the sexiest, most bad-azz looking car on the road today, which also have the ***** to match their looks, and I would buy one of them over a C5 in a heartbeat. Killer looks, and performance. I wish I felt the same way about C5's. I think the aggressive styling of my 72 is timeless. It still almost looks contemporary on the road today, and is very unique, like a Viper is. I guess that is what I wish the C5's were......unique looking.
Jeeze, I just realized what a rant this has turned into!! Sorry!! I guess I am going to get flamed for this, but my point is after all this: it doesn't matter who makes it, a cool car is a cool car!! :cool:
I like Mustangs but I'm not really a Mustang fan or any other 4-seater.. However - I really love the Viper! It is indeed the sexyest late model car on the market and I would prefer it to a C5!!!

:cheers:

Olivier

[Modified by GrandSportC3, 9:52 AM 8/4/2002]
Old 08-04-2002, 10:52 AM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (danzig74c)

haha :cheers:
Old 08-04-2002, 11:00 AM
FERL 73
Pro

I guess I am going to get flamed for this, but my point is after all this: it doesn't matter who makes it, a cool car is a cool car!! :cool:
No flames from me. I agree. I was waiting for the anniversary edition for vette #2 and was disapointed. If the C6 is another C5 I'll be looking for the GTO when it comes out!
I'm curious as to level of intelligence of the driver when I see the cartoon character on his window whizzing on the other brands. It's like putting a sign on your window that says, "Hey look at me. I'm a uneducated redneck and I want everyone to know."
Old 08-04-2002, 11:02 AM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

I agree on the C5, a truly excellent car, but they're EVERY corner. Driving a Corvette should be an experience not seeing a car indentical to yours at every red light.
I also like the Viper althought the majority of owners I've met bought it for the image NOT the car(happens to many C5 owners as well).

I still don't like Mustangs. I can appreciate a nice paint and engine work on a Stang, I'll never won one. :nonod:

I hope GM does something to compete with the Gen III Viper, but I'm sure they'll srew it up. Until then I'll build my own with the agressive looks and power to back it up. :cheers:
Old 08-04-2002, 11:17 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (Corey 68)

no flames from me neither until youve owned a mustang you dont know the potential power they can put out with little money.never count them out when running one.even though its a $%#@ :D i had a 86 gt with 175 shot nos flowmasters 3.90 gears no cats,ported intake k&n ram air,jba headers.that car had some poopie and git.id actually get another if the right one with the right price tag came around.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:22 AM
JoeZ
Pro

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (pats406nitrovette)

I like the viper (old body style...the new one is crap), but I have little respect for Mustangs. I'm not sure why exactly, I've just always had a dislike/hate for them. If nothing else I wouldn't own one because everybody and their grandmother seems to have a mustang.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:35 AM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (JoeZ)

Wow, I thought for sure I would be flamed on this! I am glad to see that not all Vette owners think that a Vette is the only cool car on the road, and are open minded!! :cheers:
For those of you who haven't seen the new Ford GT40:

[Modified by 7t2vette, 10:36 AM 8/4/2002]

[Modified by 7t2vette, 10:48 AM 8/4/2002]
Old 08-04-2002, 11:44 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

I almost bought an 88GT convert Mustang for my wife at spring Carlisle this year. It was really tough for me to walk away with the title :sad: . She wants a convert with a back seat for the kids so another vette is out.

Oh and I'd be interested to see how many people would refuse a Viper if they had a real chance to own one ;) .
Old 08-04-2002, 11:47 AM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

And also, for those of you who haven't seen the 2003 Viper, which, by the way, I do not like:
Old 08-04-2002, 11:52 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

And also, for those of you who haven't seen the 2003 Viper, which, by the way, I do not like:
Why did they do this to the VIPER???? :U :U :U :U Looks like Jaguar mated with a Mustang with Honda S2000 headlights...

That's the way a Viper has to look like:

Olivier

[Modified by GrandSportC3, 10:56 AM 8/4/2002]

[Modified by GrandSportC3, 11:00 AM 8/4/2002]
Old 08-04-2002, 12:01 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (GrandSportC3)

Why did they do this to the VIPER????
Looks like a S2000 :U
Old 08-04-2002, 12:14 PM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (Corey 68)

No flames here ,,,,,,,,I just like machinery ! If it goes,looks and sounds good I will drive it . There is a lot of B/S in the statement ,,, I wouldn't take it if you gave it to me !

Just gimme lottsa cars

gman :crazy:
Old 08-04-2002, 12:17 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (ram82fire)

I was thinking in getting a new Viper should my stocks do good... However - I will have to go for a used one if they don't make them like they used to anymore... Well - this will save me some money too!

Olivier
Old 08-04-2002, 12:29 PM
Jester69Stingray
Pro

My favorite car has always been the Corvette. As long as i can remember i have wanted a '69 Convertible and now i have one :D My next project that i would like to do would be a Mopar (Cuda, Roadrunner, Charger or something like that). I have a love for all classic muscle cars Mustangs included. My roomate has a very nicely done '67 fastback and its a great car to ride in. Its faster than my Vette and handles and brakes almost as well, but nothing on that car is stock. I would definatly not mind driving a modern Mustang as a daily driver. They are not bad cars to look at and they can be fun around town. I would definatly have to upgrade the brakes though. Every mustang i have driven (5+ diffrent cars of various years) had horrible brakes. I really like the C5 body style esp. the Z06 I would love to have one of those cars in my garage. I would honestly rather have a new Z06 than a Viper. Im not saying i dont like the Viper because i would love to have one of those also but I just prefer the Corvette. I dont think anything will ever take the place of my '69 at the top of my list though. :)

Get notified of new replies

To (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs?

Old 08-04-2002, 12:31 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (Jester69Stingray)

The C5 is the overall better car but the Viper just looks better in my opinion!

Olivier
Old 08-04-2002, 07:35 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (GrandSportC3)

I don't want anyone to get me wrong, my favorite car has always been a C3, particularly 68-72's. That is why I sold my beloved 5.0L Mustang to buy the 72. I just love all makes of cars that are cool, and if I ever have the money and opportunity to also buy a Viper GTS, you can bet I will, unless the General gets it right with the C6!!!! :cheers: And my next daily driver
will be a new Mustang, I miss my old one that much!!

[Modified by 7t2vette, 6:41 PM 8/4/2002]
Old 08-04-2002, 07:37 PM
VERTVETTE
Drifting

I like the viper and the NSX :D

Quick Reply: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs?