C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 07:46 PM
JoeZ
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (VERTVETTE)

NSX and Viper have one major thing in common....they are b*tch getters!
lol
Old 08-04-2002, 07:57 PM
Markm10431
Omega Aficianado

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 165 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09,'13, '14

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (7t2vette)

I like pre 1973 Mustangs and older vipers.. the new mustangs make me wanna :U
Old 08-04-2002, 08:07 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (Markm10431)

I like em all. Vettes and Vipers look good together:

Old 08-04-2002, 08:23 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (78Vette-SA)

78Vette Sa: cool pic! That looks like a fun day!!
Old 08-04-2002, 08:34 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (7t2vette)

78Vette Sa: cool pic! That looks like a fun day!!
Thanks. More of em at:
http://home.hvc.rr.com/joesvette/mhv...t_pictures.htm

Several of my friends have Vipers and one has a Viper and a Prowler. Fun cars!
Old 08-04-2002, 09:40 PM
garagedweller2
Le Mans Master

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (Markm10431)

I like pre 1973 Mustangs and older vipers.. the new mustangs make me wanna :U
only i like cobra too
Old 08-04-2002, 10:53 PM
oger
Instructor

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (garagedweller2)

Vipers are fine as are early mustangs. Late Mustangs no
Old 08-04-2002, 11:05 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (oger)

I liked the early Mustangs and the 94 and up. Mustang mid years were FUGLY!!!

:cheers:

Olivier
Old 08-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Ryan77
Drifting

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (oger)

I saw a late 60's mustang fastback at a cruise in last week, it was awesome :yesnod: . I'm not a Ford or mustang fan by any means, but the this car was too :cool: . He had a richmond 5 speed, 10+ inch comp t/a drag radials on the rear, a built 302 with victor jr. heads, headers, performer intake, big cam, sounded awesome, and the list goes on and on.
I would definately like to own that car, or a gt 500 like the one in the movie gone in sixty seconds. The new 'stangs and vipers though, :U
Old 08-04-2002, 11:12 PM
JoeZ
Pro

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (Ryan77)

I'd have to agree with you guys...older mustangs and the old body style vipers. wth is up with designers these days? Honestly...
Old 08-04-2002, 11:13 PM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (garagedweller2)

I like pre 1973 Mustangs and older vipers.. the new mustangs make me wanna :U only i like cobra too
My vote goes here.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:30 PM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

I was a 5.0 guy for many years, until 93 anyway. Then the body style changed and the price went up ( you couldn't pick up a 5.0L notchback for 13k anymore) then the 4.6 came out and killed everything. After the modular motors came out Ford hasn't been able to make a strong normally aspirated V8 since, Even the head of the SVT program said they can't make the power with the mod motors normally aspirated, so there hasn't been anything from Ford that has excited me lately except for one exception, the GT-40. Even though it's running a modular motor :U instead of the FE motor it should have, the looks of it's legendary predeceser are there and I applaud Ford for bringing back such a legendary car with some assemblance of its former self. The Viper is a deffinitly awe inspiring machine, I love the looks of them. Now if they could just make them sound as mean as they run. In general I think the new C5's look OK, but nothing that stands out, the performance of the Z06's kinda makes up for that though. If I had the money I'd deffinitly like a Z06 parked next to my big block :D

:cheers:
Pat Kunz
Old 08-04-2002, 11:30 PM
PrarieShark
Melting Slicks

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (gb4622)

Old stangs or any old muscle car I like em. Viper coup Ya Baby!! :D
Old 08-05-2002, 03:43 AM
rambler323
Burning Brakes

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (FERL 73)

I guess I am going to get flamed for this, but my point is after all this: it doesn't matter who makes it, a cool car is a cool car!! :cool:

No flames from me. I agree. I was waiting for the anniversary edition for vette #2 and was disapointed. If the C6 is another C5 I'll be looking for the GTO when it comes out!
I'm curious as to level of intelligence of the driver when I see the cartoon character on his window whizzing on the other brands. It's like putting a sign on your window that says, "Hey look at me. I'm a uneducated redneck and I want everyone to know."
Wow, you must be my long lost twin! :lol:
I already want a GTO regardless of what the C6 looks like. I don't care about "brand loyalty", however I won't be buying any more fords for a while based on the last couple that my family, friends and I have had.

P.S.: One of my friends has one of those stickers on his F-150, right next to the "Redneck and proud of it!" Sticker. :lol:
Old 08-05-2002, 06:27 AM
Kevin Mason
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (rambler323)

I love the look of the hardtop Viper, but not the convertible, and I love the no-frills design of the Viper. What Corvette should aspire to.

I like the pre-73 Stangs, especially the Shelbys and the '69 428 SCJ. Also the Boss 302.

I also like the 5.0 body style, and what is more, the 5.0 did us all a big service by keeping domestic rear-wheel drive performance and hot-rodding alive during the dark days of the eighties. There still is an entire cottage industry centered around 5.0 performance.

Funny, because I usually like sports cars more than muscle cars. But then again, I like muscle cars, too.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:57 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (Corey 68)

I agree on the C5, a truly excellent car, but they're EVERY corner. Driving a Corvette should be an experience not seeing a car indentical to yours at every red light.
I also like the Viper althought the majority of owners I've met bought it for the image NOT the car(happens to many C5 owners as well).

I still don't like Mustangs. I can appreciate a nice paint and engine work on a Stang, I'll never won one. :nonod:

I hope GM does something to compete with the Gen III Viper, but I'm sure they'll srew it up. Until then I'll build my own with the agressive looks and power to back it up. :cheers:
Old 08-05-2002, 09:13 AM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (SIGNGUY)

Well, it seems to me that most C3 owners feel the same way about Vipers, and most either love or hate Mustangs, especially the new ones. I too, didn't like the 94-98 Mustangs at all, especially after they lost the 5.0L motor, but then a neighbour bought a black 99, I had not seen the new body with the sharp lines again, and I was watering my lawn when he drove by.........all I could say was whoooooaaaa!!! I was an instant late-model Mustang lover again, and last week when I saw the new Mach 1, it just made want one even more!!! Don't get me wrong, I am a C3 owner for life, but a nice new MUstang would look great parked next to my 72. As far as the Viper goes, I don't like the first RT-10's, I only really like the GTS coupes, and I do not like the new body style.
In regard to the C5, if the General had gone ahead and built a bare bones, no power anything except brakes and steering, cloth seats, no-frills coupe, like they were supposed to do, the I would think about buying one of them, because, after all, it is still a Corvette, and their performance is stunning!!

Get notified of new replies

To (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs?

Old 08-05-2002, 09:18 AM
JoeZ
Pro

I too, didn't like the 94-98 Mustangs at all, especially after they lost the 5.0L motor, but then a neighbour bought a black 99, I had not seen the new body with the sharp lines again, and I was watering my lawn when he drove by.........all I could say was whoooooaaaa!!
Yeah...all I could say was "whoooaaa! ALOT of people have theses!" lol...

I do like the new body style, but far too many people own one.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:35 AM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs? (JoeZ)

JoeZ: I guess you could say the same thing about C5's, they are everywhere too. :cheers:
Old 08-05-2002, 09:36 AM
JoeZ
Pro

Maybe there...but here they aren't as frequent as you might think. Mustangs though...everyone and their grandmother has one.

4 most seen "sports" cars (lol....sports...)
Civic
Integra
Eclipse
Mustang

Just my opinion...I've been wrong before ;)

Quick Reply: (OT) Am I the only one here who also likes Vipers and Mustangs?