C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 11:56 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes.....

nor any other car, for that matter. Drove the Ferrari to Columbus to look at a parts car...told the owner what I wanted and will know next week the price. On the way home, driving north on I-71, and approaching Cleveland, driving through construction zone, a C4 pulls up behind me and I can see the white of his eyes....I'm thinkin....what is this bozo up to? I know I can't outrun the late model C4's so when the constructioo zone ends and we have a three lane road in front of us....bozo stomps it and is gone...long gone, the boy checked out...so I just cruse the limit, and pass a radar car, hiding, and wouldn't ya know it....bozo is cought, by the chase car.....I pass him, toot the horn and wave my hand....bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha
Old 08-03-2002, 12:23 AM
Stevo81
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes..... (GDaina)

Sounds like Bozo won't be driving long...either insurance rates or a bridge abuttment will get him. Let's hope he doesn't damage anyone or anything...
I was on my way to the beach last week, going around a sweeping left turn when a wild old olds comes right at me about 20-30 mph faster than he could do the turn. He lost traction as he passed me and I didn't see if he made the turn. Please don't let me die because of an Olds, Lord. :smash:
Old 08-03-2002, 12:35 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes..... (Stevo)

Now I will have to search the entire forum.... Off Topic, C4, Kill stories, to try to find the thread... "Killed a Ferrari but got a #%###!! speeding ticket!" :lol: MJ
Old 08-03-2002, 05:31 PM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes..... (MNJack)

Please tell me this guy was 17. :rolleyes:
Old 08-03-2002, 05:41 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Re: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes..... (MNJack)

Now I will have to search the entire forum.... Off Topic, C4, Kill stories, to try to find the thread... "Killed a Ferrari but got a #%###!! speeding ticket!" :lol: MJ
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-03-2002, 05:58 PM
FERL 73
Pro

I've always wanted that to happen. Must feel great.
Old 08-03-2002, 06:20 PM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

The other drive made the decission to speed and now gets to pay the price. Unfortunately the insurance companies will see this as a reason to raise the rates for all Corvette owners. :mad

So good for you for doing the right and responsible thing and sticking to the speed limit (or there-abouts). :yesnod:
Old 08-03-2002, 06:32 PM
Darkness
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes..... (gb4622)

Something better happened once to my grandfather, he was on a small road down a hill and some sports car came up behind him all in a rush and there wasn't any where to pass so after a few secs he started to honk and making scenes, so my grandfather pulled over and let him pass, just to find him crashed on to a tree a few miles down the road. My grandfather said he oulled over and said, see now I keep going as slow as it might be but I'll be getting there before you! That must've been humiliating to the other driver. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers:
Old 08-03-2002, 07:53 PM
shotgun_000
Safety Car

That is one bad thing about a Ferrari, Corvette, or any other distinctive sports car. Every bozo wants to race you, whether they are in a riced out Honda with trash can size exhaust tip, an rusty clunker with more duct tape than metal, or a factory sports car. I love my vette, but hate the attention it draws.

I hate to say it, but at times I wished I had a sleeper type car with plenty of juice.

But, I will keep my vette, and just learn to laugh as I get that inevitable "fly-by" from the other morons.

Immature as it may seem, it is greatly satisfying to accelerate quickly from a stop, leave the other car in the dust, and then back off on the throttle once I hit the speed limit. :yesnod:
Old 08-03-2002, 08:05 PM
CWUin82
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes..... (shotgun_000)

That is one bad thing about a Ferrari, Corvette, or any other distinctive sports car. Every bozo wants to race you, whether they are in a riced out Honda with trash can size exhaust tip, an rusty clunker with more duct tape than metal, or a factory sports car. I love my vette, but hate the attention it draws.

I hate to say it, but at times I wished I had a sleeper type car with plenty of juice.

But, I will keep my vette, and just learn to laugh as I get that inevitable "fly-by" from the other morons.

Immature as it may seem, it is greatly satisfying to accelerate quickly from a stop, leave the other car in the dust, and then back off on the throttle once I hit the speed limit. :yesnod:
I like the minivan moms that have to out gun me from a stoplight.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:43 AM
mnow
Advanced

Default Re: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes..... (CWUin82)

I'm glad to see that im not the only vette driver that seems to draw the attention of nitwits everywhere i go. Had an individual in a chevelle pull up to a stoplight next to me in traffic the other day. Per the typical he gunned the guts out of his engine, and stared a hole through my driver's side glass, trying to get my attention. I shot him a cursory glance and smile, but I wasnt about to race him in rush-hour traffic, thats just looking for trouble in these parts. At the green he took off like a bat-outta-heck, squealing tires, and tossing road debris all over the cars behind him (I'm sure the other drivers sure appreciated that). I just pulled away from the light normally, and met him again at the next light (mebbe 200 yards down the road). He rolls down his window and procedes to call me all sorts of names (pu**y vette a**hole comes to mind as one of his better ones). He demanded that I race him. I rolled down my window and bluntly told him," If i raced every bondo-mobile that wanted to squawk a tire, I would have to tear my car down once a month. You really think you're the only idiot that will want me to race him today before I get home? Grow up."
He hand signaled that I was "number 1".
Whatever.
A few stoplights later another motorist yells over to me,"what was that jerk's problem?"
"Growing pains, I suppose", I replied.

On the other hand, it saddens me to hear that everyone has this problem too. We have enough irresponsible drivers in the Seattle area to totally restock the nation, should there be a shortage.
I think it was Mark Twain who said "It has been shown that more fools die on the 4th of July than any other day of the year. This proves, by numbers left in stock, that one 4th of July is now inadequate, the country has grown so."
Old 08-04-2002, 03:46 AM
71coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

GDaina - Your self-control is respectable.
Now it is time for you to start tweaking that Ferrari motor. What's in that thing anyway?
Old 08-06-2002, 12:29 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes..... (71coupe)

Quad cammed, 183 cu.inch v8, 32 valve, 250HP., 5 speed, mid 14 second 1/4. The 1/4 times, per Ferrari owners manual.

It's funny, regardless the car I drive, vette or the ferrari, I pass a slow mover, right away they seem to remember where the gas pedal is located. Come hell or high water, they won't let u pass em. Besides the rust buckets, and ricers with those crazy looking tail lights and wing, the worst are the young women.

T
Old 08-06-2002, 12:48 AM
oger
Instructor

The wife and I were going to the machine shop in the old Nova wagon. As I started into the off ramp on HWY4 a Volvo passed me in the off ramp. Really pi$$ed me off, by the time I got to the bottom of the off ramp a CHP was right behind me he pulled over the Volvo. We went to the shop and picked up all the parts and took our time. When we went back past the off ramp the CHP was still writing. I said to my wife there is a god and just started laughing
Old 08-06-2002, 10:54 AM
flood
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes..... (oger)

I dont' want to get flamed but....

You drive corvettes and are looking down at a fellow Corvette owner that got a speeding ticket :confused: Now I KNOW that when you guys were younger you pry did a fair share of racing. It has only been recently (within the last 10-15yrs) that street racing has gotten a really bad rap. If I saw a Ferrari I would pry try to mess around too. If you dont' use your corvettes performance then why have it? Afterall it is what they were MADE to do.

I kinda feel bad about this post, because its not politically correct to go above the speed limit anymore. It just seems odd that a bunch of corvette owners are ragging on another corvette owner for going over the speed limit.

Perhaps Corvettes, Ferraris, and Cobra's were all made to go 55mph? Yeah right. A part of the 60's and 70's was street racing. Its what young men did on Friday or Saturday night for fun. Yes its dangerous but so is driving in general. But these cars that we all enjoy are supposed to be FAST cars. Isn't that what a corvette is? A performance sports car? There are not enough tracks to justify "save it for the track" or else I would be on one. In other countries (germany) they have a different attitude twords this type of thing.

Or am I just completly nutz and deserve to be thrown in jail too? :cheers: :)
Old 08-06-2002, 12:03 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes..... (flood)

You're not completely nutz, but there are some factors you should consider. For starters, back in the 60's and 70's there were a lot less cars on the road. Traffic -- and drivers -- have gotten much worse in the last 20 years. Road rage was practically unheard of back then. And when we raced on Saturday night it was out in the back "40" -- not from stoplight to stoplight in rush hour traffic. It's part of the "fast and the (mess)ed up" mentality that makes people think they can race anywhere, anytime.

Also, what 55 mph limit? Around here the in-town speed limit is 60 on the freeways -- and everyone drives 70! Outside of town the limit is 70. When I go 75 I get blown off the road. Go figure... :yesnod:
Old 08-06-2002, 12:46 PM
03whitecoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"You drive corvettes and are looking down at a fellow Corvette owner that got a speeding ticket Now I KNOW that when you guys were younger you pry did a fair share of racing. It has only been recently (within the last 10-15yrs) that street racing has gotten a really bad rap. If I saw a Ferrari I would pry try to mess around too. If you dont' use your corvettes performance then why have it? Afterall it is what they were MADE to do."

I just have one question: What the hell is "pry"?

Get notified of new replies

To Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes.....

Old 08-06-2002, 12:46 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I dont' want to get flamed but....

You drive corvettes and are looking down at a fellow Corvette owner that got a speeding ticket :confused:
Yep, I am, Failed to mention the punk had 30 day tags, a newbie. The way he was driving, not the racing, but the tailgateting, tha'ts what got my gall. I looked in the rear view mirror, I could not see the front of his car. I don't care if he was another Ferrari owner or a long time Vette owner, I will rang on a punk like that every time. At least keep a safe distance, then blow me off the road. Wonder how you would feel if you were in a similar situation and had to put on your brakes to avoid something in the road and have another vette kiss your behind? And the ticket.....just poetic justice.

If I saw a Ferrari I would pry try to mess around too. If you dont' use your corvettes performance then why have it? Afterall it is what they were MADE to do.
Time and place for everything, but in a construction zone

I kinda feel bad about this post, because its not politically correct to go above the speed limit anymore. It just seems odd that a bunch of corvette owners are ragging on another corvette owner for going over the speed limit.
Uh....more like irresponsible driving, as I was going 65, 10 mph over posted speed limit going through construction zone, and that boy disappeared, vanished...had to hit triple digits to be gone that fast, w/traffic in front of him...not a very bright lad.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:07 PM
flood
Race Director

I see your point.. I read over the construction zone part. I agree 100% that there is a time and place for that sort of driving and that is not the place. :cheers:
Old 08-06-2002, 02:05 PM
macnav
Instructor

Saw a 'double dose' of that a few years back on a trip to Montreal. An older Pontiac 6000 blew by us on the 401 doing probably 90 or better (we were speeding at 75). A few exits later and there he is getting a piece of paper from a police officer. We hadn't gone another 20 miles and he flies by us again! Then we passed him again, getting another slip from the police. I didn't see him again, so he either got off at an exit or finally got the message...

Quick Reply: Some Yahoo's should not be alowed to drive vettes.....