C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Quick question for you guys with Lakewood bellhousing ***

Old 07-29-2002, 02:49 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default *** Quick question for you guys with Lakewood bellhousing ***

I can't find any clutch fork boot for the set up, so what gives? Are you guys using "the rubber" with your Lakewood bellhousing? Do you have any part#?

TIA :cheers:

[Modified by groovyjay, 12:50 PM 7/29/2002]
Old 07-29-2002, 02:57 PM
James
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: *** Quick question for you guys with Lakewood bellhousing *** (groovyjay)

I called them and they told me they do not make one.
I'm not using anything right now.
This bit once already though.
I was installing a new coil and one of the brass nut's slipped out of my fingers and went right into the bell housing through the clutch fork hole.
Finally fished it out after laying on my back for 2 hours with a mirror in one hand and a piece of tape on a coat hanger in the other.
Bad day.
If someone else has something I would be interested too.
Old 07-29-2002, 03:43 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: *** Quick question for you guys with Lakewood bellhousing *** (groovyjay)

Jay- I ran into this same thing. When I installed my Lakewood bellhousing I noticed that the stock rubber boot wouldn't work. I called Lakewood and they told me that their bellhousings are mainle used in racing ( :bs ) so they don't offer a rubber boot for it.

FWIW I've been running my car for 5 summers now without any problem yet & since it seems to rain EVERY time I take it out, it's still holding up :) .
Old 07-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: *** Quick question for you guys with Lakewood bellhousing *** (SmokedTires)

I'm running without one. My previous car I ran without one for 6 years and no problems. I guess we run without one
Old 07-29-2002, 04:14 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: *** Quick question for you guys with Lakewood bellhousing *** (Gordonm)

Ride bareback.......it's more fun. :D
Old 07-29-2002, 04:29 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: *** Quick question for you guys with Lakewood bellhousing *** (James)

James:Thanks for the info. :cheers:

I was installing a new coil and one of the brass nut's slipped out of my fingers and went right into the bell housing through the clutch fork hole.
Finally fished it out after laying on my back for 2 hours with a mirror in one hand and a piece of tape on a coat hanger in the other.
Bad day.
Ouch, sounds like a really bad day....

SmokedTires: Thanks for the input, I went out and ordered one of those stock rubber boots and it looked too small in a pic, but for some reason didn't ask this question before I placed my order. :cry Another giveaway part for some one! BTW rain is very common weather here, so you gave me lot of confidence!

Gordonm: Thanks Buddy, you guys are gettting me convinced I'm gonna be ok with out one! No matter how I look it the hole seems to bit quite big even with the fork installed. :confused: :cheers:

67HEAVEN: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-29-2002, 05:37 PM
ML67
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 43 Posts

I run a clutch fork boot from a 60 - 62 Corvette in my Lakewood scattershield (Zip CL-137).

Take care,

Mark
Old 07-29-2002, 07:13 PM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I used a brand 'X' (well, Ford, if you must know) that fits early Mustangs (had one layin' around out of the BOSS) tha fit well with a little trimming. Heck, there's more dust and dirt on the inside, the way I drive!

Hans

Get notified of new replies

To *** Quick question for you guys with Lakewood bellhousing ***

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *** Quick question for you guys with Lakewood bellhousing ***