C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will 80's c3's be worth more in a few years?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 05:54 PM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: will 80's c3's be worth more in a few years? (bkirk)

Hold on to it for a few years, keep it well maintained, do some light mods for power and you'll be happy.
C3s will hold their value due to the curvy body and decreasing quantity.
Don't expect to make a bundle but you'll hold your value.
Old 07-30-2002, 06:21 PM
LegalCarry
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: will 80's c3's be worth more in a few years? (Custom_72)

LegalCarry - I also drive a blue 72 - I was not at either drive in- Mine is getting a new torque converter put on right now - Did you ever live in Montgomery? I once purchased a 79 L-82 from an attorney named Rob - Just Curious. Well, Here's to Blue 72s - :cheers:

J Shipp
Never lived in Montgomery. I grew up in Prattville, and now live in the Millbrook/Deatsville area. The 72 and the 82 are the only Corvettes I've owned. Don't suppose you're a member of the Capitol City Corvette Club, and I know you, but haven't made the connection ?
Rob
Old 07-30-2002, 06:44 PM
PaceCarTN
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '03

I think the economy is killing the prices more than anything right now. People are afraid to buy anything. Just look at the FOR SALE side of the forum. I just bought another one this month, but I’m not real smart when it comes to being careful with money. :crazy:

But I think all C3’s will only go up in value if they are maintained.

Old 07-30-2002, 08:25 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: will 80's c3's be worth more in a few years? (PaceCarTN)

As the population increases and the available number of C3's decreases (or stays fixed for that matter), the value can't help but go up! Simple fact of economics!

BTW: A couple of months ago, vven Automobile Magazine grudgingly admitted that C3's were on their way up in value. :yesnod:
Old 07-31-2002, 02:20 AM
Custom_72
Intermediate

Default Re: will 80's c3's be worth more in a few years? (LegalCarry)

LegalCarry - No I'm not yet a member of the Cap City Club - I was the GM for Gateway here in town before opening up my Restaraunt, Papa Shipp's Mesquite Grill - Maybe we know each other from one of those places? If you are over towards McGehee rd stop in and I'll buy ya a beer :cheers:
Old 08-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Tim Parker
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I did not look at my Vette as an investment when I bought it. I know several people with mid years that are afraid to drive them because they are now worth so much. I just always like the Sharks the 80 and 81s went back to the little duck tail and that's what really hooked me. When I started looking to buy several years ago the Sunday paper always had several listed now I go weeks or months without seeing one for sale and the prices are inching up all the time.
Old 08-04-2002, 10:40 PM
JoeZ
Pro

Default Re: will 80's c3's be worth more in a few years? (Tim Parker)

I was *told* my vette was rare. It's a 1980 L-82 red on red 3-speed auto. Apparently there were only afew thousand made like this....now how this effects value I'm not sure. lol...probably drops it :lol:

Quick Reply: will 80's c3's be worth more in a few years?