C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 & GM wiring harness issues..need help

Old 08-03-2014, 10:20 PM
CWerner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Default LS3 & GM wiring harness issues..need help

Need help.....

Background....LS3/480 crate motor tied to a GM wiring harness/ECM/DBW pedal.

I installed the GM wiring harness/ECM/fuse-relay to the LS3 crate motor as it said: Fuel pump wired, fan wired, fuse block wired, ignition wired.... I also wired all of the old wires that went to the starter, to the starter. the only things not wired were the MAP sensor and O2 sensor. I didn't have the coils wired yet, nor the spark plug wires. My plan was to crank the motor, but not start it.... just turn her over.

When I hooked up the battery, I got power in the interior (lights came on). When I turned the key to the first position, I heard the fuel pump engage for about 20 seconds. At that point I turned the key to crank the motor..... nothing happened. None of that traditional.... " click"

So, what should does my trouble shooting guide look like???? Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:34 PM
74modified
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, I don't know your exact wiring, and what you have changed, but first check that you are getting current to the starter with the key turned. You have grounds connected? Neutral safety switches?
Old 08-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Simple things first. Neutral safety switch? Are you getting power to it and through it?
Old 08-04-2014, 11:03 AM
CWerner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Gordon, I think you guessed it. I completely forgot to wire this in. That will be my next task.

Get notified of new replies

To LS3 & GM wiring harness issues..need help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS3 & GM wiring harness issues..need help