C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Switch 78

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 04:50 AM
Vynlerules
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Switch 78

Need a new wiper switch (Non Pulse) for my 78. Can get hold of one that has pulse. Will it plug into my existing wiring and still work. (Don't really need the pulse)
Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 AM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Vynlerules
Need a new wiper switch (Non Pulse) for my 78. Can get hold of one that has pulse. Will it plug into my existing wiring and still work. (Don't really need the pulse)
My gut says yes it will... I've not looked at the schematic of the switch yet.

In the 80's on my old 79 (same pulse system) the controller box went out. So I just unplugged the pulse jumper harness and plugged the large connector into the pulse switch. I had high and low speed until the controller came off back order. The 78-79 cars had a jumper harness for pulse cars where the standard harness plugged into it. If you unplug the jumper you'll see the connector is the same on the regular harness.

But... this switch comes apart just like the pulse switch. All it needs is the contacts cleaned. Why not take your apart and try to fix it first.

http://willcoxcorvette.com/repairand...lp.php?hID=249

Willcox
Old 07-30-2014, 08:55 AM
Vynlerules
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks mate. I have pulled the switch apart using your documentation and cleaned it up. It worked for a couple of times and then died again so I think I will replace it. Many thanks again.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Wiper Switch 78

Quick Reply: Wiper Switch 78