C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Release Handle and Cable. . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 07:02 PM
'76stingraycolorado
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood Release Handle and Cable. . .

Hello,

The black "Hood Release" handle kept coming off in my hand in my '76. The cable still worked, but I had to use a pair of pliers to grab the hood release cable and open the hood.

Recently I ordered a new handle and cable. However, all I really needed was the new black handle, as the cable still works just fine. But the only option I saw was to order the handle and cable as one unit:

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1968-1979.html

So now I'm not sure how hard it is to reinstall this cable, thread it through the fire wall, etc.

My guess is that the entire dash needs to come out, which makes me think that continuing to use the pair of pliers to open the hood is going to be much easier than installing this new handle/cable.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Billem
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Probably the easiest fix I've done. From what I remember, just thread the new wire thru the sheath and hook 'er up. There are actually a couple of other steps I can't remember exactly, but no need to tear apart the dash. It really is easy. Have a great week, Bill
Old 07-27-2014, 11:07 PM
'76stingraycolorado
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill,

Thanks so much for the info. You're right! The wire feeds right through the existing channel. I figured there was no way it was that easy. Got it installed in about 10 minutes.

Get notified of new replies

To Hood Release Handle and Cable. . .

Quick Reply: Hood Release Handle and Cable. . .