C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79 - 82 AC Brackets..???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 06:03 PM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

Default 79 - 82 AC Brackets..???

After 10+ years I would like to put the AC back onto my '81; any one happen to have pictures of what the brackets look like as I have no idea any more??????

I am looking at the Assembly Manual and do not remember, nor can I find anything that looks like those in the pictorial. I know I put them in a box for safe keeping....just not able to find that box after moving three times.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:12 PM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lanny.
If no one replies soon I can take pictures tomorrow. Will look to see if I have any clear ones I can post now.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:44 PM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Thanks Paul....but Found the box!!!!!!

Figures right.....as soon as one asks for help.....you find / figure it out.....

Yep...in a box...just not labeled correctly. Did the start opening every box on the garage shelf....and sure enough there was the box with the AC brackets, EGR valve, smog pump, gulp valve....everything...except what the box was labeled!

So Paul....get back to work on that car so we can take it out next weekend....

Just kidding.

LannyL81

Last edited by LannyL81; 07-26-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:24 AM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Glad you found the box.... I did take some pictures after I got back from a cruise. Vette running sweetly! Went over to a friends who has just built a SBC powered rat rod, very cool and was there for the cam break in, I think Ive gone deaf!

On a side note and going back to the AC, not wanting to hijack but I did find an AC connector with nothing connected to it....what is it and what should be connected to it?

Old 07-27-2014, 09:03 PM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Paul,
The connection that is circled goes to the lower line of the evap coil on my '81; your appears to be a bit different.

The other line from the evap coil has the pressure switch in it and goes over to the accumulator or dryer within the right fender just behind the gill.

Hopefully the picture shows some of this.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Here's some stuff I've used as reference.

Chris's 78:

Some of mine:

These are 78s though...

Last edited by Shark Racer; 08-29-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:09 AM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Lanny, looking at a close up of mine it appears to be the same as yours but I only see one wire on your connector, is that correct and does the switch in the line have 2 terminals like mine?
I've never used or even tried my A as I've never really needed it but I guess it would be nice to get it working.

Shark, those pictures look the same as my '81 except mine is not so pretty!

Originally Posted by LannyL81
Paul,
The connection that is circled goes to the lower line of the evap coil on my '81; your appears to be a bit different.

The other line from the evap coil has the pressure switch in it and goes over to the accumulator or dryer within the right fender just behind the gill.

Hopefully the picture shows some of this.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 PM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Paul, my '81 has two wires going to the inline pressure switch. Perhaps you are looking at the vacuum line that goes down to the hot water shutoff valve. The wires are not really visible in my picture; wires are under the switch...but they are there.

Sharkracer: I do not have a valve on the backside of the manifold that bolts to the compressor on my '81....Paul does yours?
Old 07-28-2014, 06:11 PM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Lanny, you are correct, I thought the vac tube was a wire. I think bubba has been at mine as my shut off valve is flapping in the breeze. If you have any more pictures of what you have, that would be a huge help!

With regards the valve on the manifold, I assume you mean the one with the blue cap? I dont have that on mine. When I took the pictures, I left the air intake flex pipe on and its kind of in the way.

Will take clearer pics tomorrow and post them up. That way I get to see if I have any loose wires anywhere that should go to that swutch and also see whats going on with my shut off valve!

Last edited by jotto; 07-28-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:25 PM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Paul,
The two wires from the pressure switch join the larger wire harness at the top of the fender. This is the harness that has the blower wires and electric radiator fan power.

And yes I was asking about the Schrader valve with the blue cap on the manifold at the rear of the compressor....guess that someone has added that port to Sharkracer's car.

As far as the hot water valve...do you want some pictures of that?
Old 07-30-2014, 02:54 PM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Lanny,
I found the 2 wire connector and have put that on the pressure switch. My hot water valve is in place and has a vacuum line to it.
As far as I can see, I have the electrical connection to the compressor hooked up so now I just need to test it all and see what happens. I dont suppose it will work but who knows?

I think I may have a wire ( possibly green ) that is supposed to go to a solenoid valve on the carb, does that sound correct?

Originally Posted by LannyL81
Paul,
The two wires from the pressure switch join the larger wire harness at the top of the fender. This is the harness that has the blower wires and electric radiator fan power.

And yes I was asking about the Schrader valve with the blue cap on the manifold at the rear of the compressor....guess that someone has added that port to Sharkracer's car.

As far as the hot water valve...do you want some pictures of that?

Get notified of new replies

To 79 - 82 AC Brackets..???

Quick Reply: 79 - 82 AC Brackets..???