C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mystery Line C5 LS1

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 08:25 PM
noslen1968
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery Line C5 LS1

I was poking around the motor just now and found this unattached line. It goes down and back and disappears near the headers and seemingly goes into the firewall - maybe. I can't see where it would connect but it seems solidly connected at the other unknown end.

There is a similar line to it connected to the bottom of the brake booster via a hard line. Both have black dots running along their sides and both seem to disappear to the same area in the firewall. Replaced vacuum line that wasn't removed? The other one seems to have a more 'hard' connection vs this nipple and also has a gold-colored canister which I suspect is a one-way valve while this unattached one is plain all the visible way back.

Is it a service line? Should it be capped off?
Attached Images  

Last edited by noslen1968; 07-22-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

That looks like a bleeder screw. I have one on my Hyd master cylinder for the LS style throw out bearing. Where does the other end go
Old 07-22-2014, 09:11 PM
noslen1968
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordonm
That looks like a bleeder screw. I have one on my Hyd master cylinder for the LS style throw out bearing. Where does the other end go
It disappears down low in the firewall. So this may be an addition which makes a one-man, no lift clutch-bleed possible? Makes sense, thanks.

It runs, brakes and clutches fine.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Definitely looks like a clutch remote bleeder. I have one on my C5 as well. As for the other line, I am not sure what it may be. You should post a picture of it in the C5 section.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:27 PM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

Remote bleeder for your throwout bearing and the other that is attached to the gold canister is probably the supply line, gold canister being the resevoir.

Get notified of new replies

To Mystery Line C5 LS1

Quick Reply: Mystery Line C5 LS1