C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Gasket change and now smoking

Old 07-12-2014, 12:50 PM
marz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Gasket change and now smoking

I had originally posted about pulling the heads on my 78. I did and replaced the gaskets and got everything all timed and tightened. It was fine yesterday and this morning it is a fog machine. I did not do a valve job on it. 80k original miles...good condition. Maybe blew a gasket again? Valves gone? I did not do a valve job because I was thinking about a bigger motor. Felpro gaskets. I also installed a new intake manifold.

Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:22 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,153 Likes on 2,726 Posts

I suggest that you rely on your other thread for replies....members will be able to read all the advice given so far in the other thread (without repeating answers), and offer new/different suggestions on solving the problem.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:01 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by marz
I had originally posted about pulling the heads on my 78. I did and replaced the gaskets and got everything all timed and tightened. It was fine yesterday and this morning it is a fog machine. I did not do a valve job on it. 80k original miles...good condition. Maybe blew a gasket again? Valves gone? I did not do a valve job because I was thinking about a bigger motor. Felpro gaskets. I also installed a new intake manifold.

Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
What color is the 'smoke'????

DUB
Old 07-12-2014, 07:56 PM
marz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
What color is the 'smoke'????

DUB
It's kinda blackish gray now. I pulled the heads back off and had coolant in the three cylinders. I will get new gaskets tmo.

If the moderator wants to pull this thread that is fine. I am getting lots of help in the original post.

Thanks Dub.

Get notified of new replies

To Head Gasket change and now smoking

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Head Gasket change and now smoking