C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno says that my combo should have 280 HP at the crank?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 09:33 PM
SLICKMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dyno says that my combo should have 280 HP at the crank? (fauxrs)

I now changed the cam file (thanks to fauxrs) and the flow file that I found on the internet for the heads. Looks real close and not much out of line.. Don't ya think? (I have been using the same file name and just updating it)

[Modified by SLICKMAN, 8:42 PM 7/21/2002]
Old 07-22-2002, 11:32 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Dyno says that my combo should have 280 HP at the crank? (SLICKMAN)

The numbers look about right, although the peak HP looks like it occurs below 5000 rpm (kinda hard to tell in a chart) which isnt indicative of an L-82. I dont know why torque is so high. Is there such a thing as gross and net torque? I suppose so..

I think you have a very good starting point for comparisons though. :cheers:
Old 07-22-2002, 11:38 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Dyno says that my combo should have 280 HP at the crank? (Pacin'California)

That's what I said, TNT... in 78, the L-48 had 8.2:1 CR and 1.94/1.50. The L-82 was 9:1 w/ 2.02/1.60(like I stated).

And agree w/ Fauxrs, the duration did look very off on the L-82 cam. Fauxrs- how does your car do smogwise with the cam you run?

-Steve
the Car smogs well although it has teetered on the edge of failing due to burning oil past valve guides, the only major issue with the engine right now. - you can see the results of my last two smog checks here http://earchitect.50megs.com/corvette/ofpower.html#smog
Old 07-23-2002, 04:02 AM
soundguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dyno says that my combo should have 280 HP at the crank? (fauxrs)

>>I'm stupid! How do you do a screen capture?

f you are on a PC, it's been built in for about 20 years...use the "print screen" key (prtsc/sysrq). In the old days, under DOS it would send the screen contents to the system printer. Under Windows, PrtSc will capture the entire screen to the clipboard and you can paste the contents into anything that handles graphics (even Word or WordPad) using the menu commands or by pressing <control> V. If you want to grab a smaller area, use <alt>PrtSc which will capture just the active window.

Quick Reply: Dyno says that my combo should have 280 HP at the crank?