C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door lock questions 79 electric and manual.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Tooonz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Door lock questions 79 electric and manual.

I've been posting about my door problems on the general section. Drivers door was missing lower rod assembly, actuator rod, and Found out I needed to clean the complete door latch. I replaced the lower rod assembly, cleaned and lithium greased the latch. All was working great until I connected the actuator rod to the actuator. If I remember correctly the actuators did work before removing the battery and engine. The actuator moves up and down if moved manually. If I pull the manual rod down near where the arm rest goes it does lock the door, not smoothly but it does lock. When I try to unlock the door manually, forget it, no go unless I give it assistance by moving the upper rod, or actuator .

My question is, with power door locks, isn't it supposed to manually lock and unlock freely? If so does this mean the actuator is bad? I'm sure you guys can understand the frustration. I wish I had a car close by I could look at but, I have to rely on those who have pulled their hair out before me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Door lock questions 79 electric and manual.