C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something's missing when I got my '69 back from the shop

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 06:58 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something's missing when I got my '69 back from the shop

A car backed into the nose of my '69 last summer. Hagerty was great to work with and they were pleased with the estimate from the body shop. The body shop had the car through the winter--no big deal. I called once about it and said they were waiting for the light can.

Picked up the car a week ago and happened to notice this afternoon that the cracked headlight can had not been replaced. What's more, the headlamp washer nozzles were missing from each can. The cracked can had not been replaced either. The cracked can is no big deal but the darn missing nozzles leave me stumped. Anyone else with a similar experience? I looked the nozzles up on Eckler's--they aren't worth stealing from what I can see, $35 each. Can someone weigh in on a similar experience or offer a suggestion of where to go next on this issue? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by 5969
A car backed into the nose of my '69 last summer. Hagerty was great to work with and they were pleased with the estimate from the body shop. The body shop had the car through the winter--no big deal. I called once about it and said they were waiting for the light can.

Picked up the car a week ago and happened to notice this afternoon that the cracked headlight can had not been replaced. What's more, the headlamp washer nozzles were missing from each can. The cracked can had not been replaced either. The cracked can is no big deal but the darn missing nozzles leave me stumped. Anyone else with a similar experience? I looked the nozzles up on Eckler's--they aren't worth stealing from what I can see, $35 each. Can someone weigh in on a similar experience or offer a suggestion of where to go next on this issue? Thanks.
I'd get right back with that shop and have them make it all right- assuming the cracked can was part of the estimate. At the very least they need to find or replace the nozzles. I'm sure Hagerty would back you up if the shop doesn't take proper care of you.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:58 PM
MalibuVLX
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sayin it's right, but those nozzles are not something a normal bodyshop person would remember. Lights were probably down when you picked it up and unfortunately they did not do very good QC before you picked it up. If it was a vette shop, no excuses, but I would hope that the shop will make things right on both counts.

Get notified of new replies

To Something's missing when I got my '69 back from the shop

Quick Reply: Something's missing when I got my '69 back from the shop