C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'68 parked wipers arrangement

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 01:35 PM
nivek1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '68 parked wipers arrangement

I am in the process of repairing the wiper door and linkages as some of the original tapped holes in the pot metal have been stripped/enlarged and the wrong hdwe has been installed in several places. The system works but with one of the bolts missing (and other issues) it's not right. I have the shoulder bolts and plastic bushings ordered and will be helicoiling the door for correct size.
My question is, and I have looked on the forum for info. and could not find any specifics, on how the wipers are arranged when parked. Does the passenger side wiper park first, against the stop, or vice versa? Does it matter? One of the rubber bumpers on the driver side is hitting the wiper arm slightly (when door goes down) and the door stays slightly "up". It seems if the wipers were indexed with the driver side down first it may clear the rubber bumper on the door...??? Thanks, KT
Old 04-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Do you have the assembly instruction manual (AIM)? The AIM explains how the wiper arms park and how to set them. Do not quote me on this, but I believe the passenger's side parks first and driver's comes along behind that.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:54 PM
68Thunder427
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my 68 the drivers side wiper parks first with the tip of the blade touched the metal stop bracket and is pointing down about 5 degrees. The passenger side wiper when parked is level with the car. Can take a pic if you need me to.
Also need to rebuild my door linkages since they are froze shut.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:57 PM
nivek1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Just got home from the maiden voyage of the "not really a triple black", at least the LEGAL maiden voyage. I haven't had that much fun with my pants on for a month of Sundays. Went to the DMV to get it registered and in my name. Nothing but money between me and a classic driver.
Yes Mike, I do have the AIM and had not even looked in it to see if that might be covered. I'll check it out and see if the parked wipers matter, driver first or second or...
And yes '68 Thunder. A picture would be very helpful. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:10 PM
68Thunder427
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nivek1
Just got home from the maiden voyage of the "not really a triple black", at least the LEGAL maiden voyage. I haven't had that much fun with my pants on for a month of Sundays. Went to the DMV to get it registered and in my name. Nothing but money between me and a classic driver.
Yes Mike, I do have the AIM and had not even looked in it to see if that might be covered. I'll check it out and see if the parked wipers matter, driver first or second or...
And yes '68 Thunder. A picture would be very helpful. Thanks!
Here you go
Old 04-26-2014, 12:42 AM
nivek1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you, four-two-seven

Get notified of new replies

To '68 parked wipers arrangement

Quick Reply: '68 parked wipers arrangement