C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine heat up: left to right different

Old 04-18-2014, 05:48 AM
zuendler
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Engine heat up: left to right different

Ok, I ´ve bought an infrared thermometer to check if all cylinders come up after startup. I had somme issues in the past, but its gone since I have new sparkplugs.

But what I can read now is, that 30s after starting the engine I can read ~70°C on the driver side on the hooker headers.
On the passenger side i measure always 50-100% more temperature on all cylinders.

What tells me this?
I changed the idel mixture on driver side, but saw no difference. Maybe i change it on passenger side so see what happens.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:37 AM
Jig A Low
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could be totally off base here but depending on what intake you have, I believe that the mixture screws on the carb actually control the opposite side of the engine (IE, passenger side mixture screw= drivers side cylinders)

also, there could be a "coolant flow" piece of the puzzle too, I'm not sure how the flow circulates but it could run through the drivers side first (coolest) then hit the passenger side.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:15 AM
zuendler
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi,
I think it cant have something to do with the coolant flow, because this doesn´t matter directly after start up. I can touch the engine and it stell feels cold.

But you may be right that the idle screws control the opposite side, I forgott that.

Get notified of new replies

To Engine heat up: left to right different

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine heat up: left to right different