C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 electric speedometer questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Eagles3655
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 electric speedometer questions

Will my lt1 t56 electric speedo cable hook up to any electric speedometer and how do you hook up the reverse lights I am half way threw my conversion and don't want to go with cable x
Old 08-04-2013, 12:41 PM
MIKE80
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

For an electronic speedometer, one of the Autometers electronic speedometers would be your best bet. I went with an Autometer Cobalt digital speedometer/ tachometer combo.

Here is how to wire up the transmission sensors:

With OEM GM connectors;

Reverse Lockput
Pink - +12V (wired to power on with the brake lights at the brake pedal switch)
Green - Ground

Backup Lights (connected to the stock reverse light wiring, Light Green & Dark Blue)
Green to Ignition +12V (stock blue wire)
Brown to Backup Lights (stock green wire)

VSS
Purple - Speedometer Signal
Green/Black - Ground
Old 08-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Eagles3655
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would any of the autometer speedos work cause eventually I will prob switch out all my gauges to match I saw your conversion very well written up an looks good also I saw your hydraulic clutch setup was alittle different then what I'm trying to do I'm trying to use the stock slave / master cylinder I got with my t56 purchase and my hydraulic cable seems to be alittle short for the stretch to get from the trans to the pedals so I have to get a longer hose and rig up a bracket for it yet but so far things are coming along I got alot of info off of your thread
Old 08-04-2013, 08:19 PM
MIKE80
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagles3655
Would any of the autometer speedos work cause eventually I will prob switch out all my gauges to match I saw your conversion very well written up an looks good also I saw your hydraulic clutch setup was alittle different then what I'm trying to do I'm trying to use the stock slave / master cylinder I got with my t56 purchase and my hydraulic cable seems to be alittle short for the stretch to get from the trans to the pedals so I have to get a longer hose and rig up a bracket for it yet but so far things are coming along I got alot of info off of your thread
You should figure out which style gauges you would like to go with and by the electronic speedometer in that style, so it's one less gauge that you have to worry about later. Autometer's 5" gauges fill the larger opening for the speedo cluster, but I made a fill plate to fit my smaller gauge in. As long as you get one that fits and it's not the mechanical type gauge, it should work.

Yeah, sounds like you have to get a longer clutch line made up to position the master clutch properly.

Glad you liked my thread and found useful information in it for your conversion!

Get notified of new replies

To T56 electric speedometer questions

Quick Reply: T56 electric speedometer questions