C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure line

Old 07-27-2013, 09:15 AM
KNIPPS
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Oil pressure line

I wasn't getting alot of love in the c2 side so I thought someone here might know....I went to install my oil pressure line on my 67 BB today and realized the block fitting did not fit. I have a 73 block and above the oil filter are 2 holes and they seem much larger than the fitting I have with my oil line kit. The block casting # is 3999289. My question is can I just get the correct fitting for a 73 and would that work with the line kit/fittings I have? and which hole it the one for the oil pressure line. I read one might be for an oil cooler. Thanks Jim
Old 07-27-2013, 10:24 AM
SuperBuickGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 380 Likes on 267 Posts

Three holes.
Front hole is the oil return, center hole you can reduce for oil pressure, rear is (of course) the pivot point for the Z-bar

from my understanding, the center hole requires a diverter to be used as a oil cooler line (otherwise, no oil flow through the cooler)

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; 07-27-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:55 AM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,915 Likes on 1,928 Posts

The stock big block oil pressure line system uses 2 reducers before the line screws in: The first reducer that screws into the block is a 1/2 x 1/8" NPT reducer. The next fitting is an 1/8" x 1/8" that screws into the reducer fitting. This is the same fitting that the small blocks use to screw directly into the block at the distributor. The oil pressure line fitting then screws into this 1/8" fitting. Sounds like your "kit" is for a small block, and did not include the bigger reducer. You can get the right fitting from Paragon under part number 40.

Lars
Old 07-27-2013, 02:00 PM
KNIPPS
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Fitting

Lars, thanks...ordered it up...hope it works

Get notified of new replies

To Oil pressure line

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil pressure line