C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Common Frames?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:05 AM
RocketSapp
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Common Frames?

Is the frame under a 76 the same as a 78? I am about to start a frame off restoration on my 76 and was offered a 78 "parts car" for the frame. It would be much easier to start building up a frame and still have my frame under the car so I could move it around and such.

Tim
Old 06-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

http://www.71corvette.com/frames.html

78 frames are slightly different in the rear due to repositioning the fuel tank to clear the big back window.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 PM
RocketSapp
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
http://www.71corvette.com/frames.html

78 frames are slightly different in the rear due to repositioning the fuel tank to clear the big back window.

Oh yeah... There was a big change on the windows. :-) lol... Thanks for that link too. Great site for changes in the frames. Since I am considering going with a fuel cell I don' think that going to the 78 frame would cause me too much trouble.

It does look like one of the cross members was completely removed from the 78 frame. That may cause me some issues since I want to keep using the current fuel access point. I just may have to get it here and start doing some measuring.

Get notified of new replies

To Common Frames?

Quick Reply: Common Frames?