C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 09:14 PM
81VETTOM
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

Default C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com

I had some brief struggles getting all this work and shop sorted out, but hey, see the site and LMK what you think. It's not real fancy, but it's a start. More pics were added and will add more next week with new paint showing. My 81 will be on the road in late July, and I can't wait. Next one up will be a 82 2-tone. The way a C3 should be, or should have anyway. Thanks all for looking at the new site. :cheers:
Old 06-19-2002, 10:14 PM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (81VETTOM)

Very :cool: man!
How's the front end rigidity???

BTW here's the link...

http://www.tilt-a-vet.com/

Old 06-19-2002, 10:20 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (81VETTOM)

I had some brief struggles getting all this work and shop sorted out, but hey, see the site and LMK what you think. It's not real fancy, but it's a start. More pics were added and will add more next week with new paint showing. My 81 will be on the road in late July, and I can't wait. Next one up will be a 82 2-tone. The way a C3 should be, or should have anyway. Thanks all for looking at the new site. :cheers:
Did I hear TILT FRONT END??? Well - it's nothing new to me ;)

:cheers:

Olivier
Old 06-19-2002, 11:32 PM
81VETTOM
Pro

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (GrandSportC3)

ah yes, I see you too have the benefits. The difference is, except for the tilt part, my front end is very stock. As far as rigid, it is built as a daily driver, which I suspect yours is a really nice show car. Neat Vet. Mine has the ability to open the stock hood and or 2 people can remove the front clip in about 10 minutes and set it in a cradle. It was designed for practical use and as strong or stronger than the original front clip. Not much additional weight was added either. thanks for the reply.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:36 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Looks really cool . . . I've been hoping to see something soon. Great job, can't wait for the details.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:41 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

ah yes, I see you too have the benefits. The difference is, except for the tilt part, my front end is very stock. As far as rigid, it is built as a daily driver, which I suspect yours is a really nice show car. Neat Vet. Mine has the ability to open the stock hood and or 2 people can remove the front clip in about 10 minutes and set it in a cradle. It was designed for practical use and as strong or stronger than the original front clip. Not much additional weight was added either. thanks for the reply.
I like your setup with the stock hood still functional... really :cool:

Olivier
Old 06-20-2002, 12:31 PM
corvettemaster
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (GrandSportC3)

That's :cool: I have been wanting to see pics of how you set that up.

BTW, Oliver I like yours too! :D Your hood looks very clean. No headlights, or hood lines. Just perfect curves :yesnod:
Old 06-20-2002, 12:35 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (corvettemaster)

BTW, Oliver I like yours too! :D Your hood looks very clean. No headlights, or hood lines. Just perfect curves :yesnod:
Well - it looks perfect in pictures... However if looking against the light - you still can see some imperfections where the headlights were... :(

I will have the bodywork re-done next year and also get a paint job with different colors!!

Olivier
Old 06-20-2002, 12:38 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THAT should be your sig pic, it looks way better than the one you have now. That sig pic now just doesn't do that car justice!
Old 06-20-2002, 12:45 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

We're gonna have to find a better home for your pics. Those pop-up ads are TRULY obnoxious! But the car is looking great! I want it, too... :jester
Old 06-20-2002, 12:47 PM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (Fevre)

I think Fevre just want's to see your girlfriend :)

THAT should be your sig pic, it looks way better than the one you have now. That sig pic now just doesn't do that car justice!
Old 06-20-2002, 12:50 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (427V8)

:bb You caught me.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:51 PM
81VETTOM
Pro

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (page62)

I know, sorry about that, I didn't know about those pop-up stuff before it was done. The guy doing it really wanted to help. Bugs the @#$$@ out of me too. Well for a freebie, guess that's what I should have expected. I'll try to spin-off something a little later. Thanks for the feedback guys
Old 06-20-2002, 12:57 PM
81VETTOM
Pro

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (Fevre)

girlfriend, I thought that was his hood brace. I have been trying to figure out how to duplicate that one like that for mine. :lol:
Old 06-20-2002, 01:12 PM
The Dude
Race Director

I've always liked tilt front ends on C3s. (My chiropractor doesn't, however. :) )

What about weight? Any savings over the stock setup?
Old 06-20-2002, 01:14 PM
Koz

Old 06-20-2002, 01:18 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com

Very cool.

Get notified of new replies

To C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com

Old 06-20-2002, 02:11 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (Monty)

Very cool!

I really like it because it hinges on the front and not where the lamps bolt onto the front clip. I like that it retains the stock lights and that it flips open much further than the Ecklers thing.

One question though, is the nose attached to the front clip or is it seperate like on the C4?

Do you have LARGER pics? These tiny ones are too small to see any details. :)

Thanks,

Marck

[Modified by Twinnie, 12:14 PM 6/20/2002]
Old 06-20-2002, 04:33 PM
81VETTOM
Pro

Default Re: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com (Twinnie)

Ok, I'll try this.
No weight savings, it is all stock. Only additional weight is <10 pounds with all the hinge assembly and extra latches and fiberglass added.
The whole front clip can be removed by 2 people, we built a disconnect to front wiring harness and vacuum lines are disconnected. We are building a cradle to set it in and roll it around when off the car. It is attached at the front support, and hinges from the fartherest point, that's why it works so well. Structural integrity is NOT comprimised.

We are doing a 82 2-tone next, so the patterns will be made into jigs for reproducing our parts. Only change inside is 2 pulls, 1 for the stock hood ,and one for the surrond. this is not a backyard project, unless you are a fairly accomplished in vet body work. Hope this helps

Old 06-20-2002, 04:37 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Will you be selling a kit? I've been working on a tilt front end that hinges behind the license plate for some time but since my car is in pieces I've not been able to do some constructive work. Only some stuff on paper.

This is EXACTLY what I want it to be. The ecklers stuff won't work because the nose on the 80-82 is longer down low & will hit the floor.

Marck

Quick Reply: C3 front ends that really tilt; check it out at: tilt-a-vet.com