C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'68 to '77 Coupe Roof 3D file solidworks or dxf

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 06:52 PM
vettec235
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '68 to '77 Coupe Roof 3D file solidworks or dxf

Anyone have a 3D scanned file, Solidworks or DXF or STL of the 1968 to 1977 Coupe roof that overhangs the body behind the rear window? A high dollar (~ $20,000.00) 3D scanner like the Artec Eva
Fast 3D scanner for professionals gives a very accurate file, which is what I am looking for. No I can't afford one!
If anyone can scan or have a friend that can scan this area of the roof and send me a file, it would be much appreciated.
I know we are supposed to be Corvette driving enthusiasts, well I bought my 1968 Corvette Coupe (still have it) while finishing out my time in the Army after being released from the hospital after an injury incurred in Vietnam. I am doing a major restoration/modification on this car and what I want to build has generated interest among several friends. I do a lot of modeling in Solidworks and I have access to a high quality 3D printer, which I am going to use to print the male mold half of a silicone rubber mold for this part. Making one is hard enough, but making several is impossible without some high tech toys.
My email address is MLBITTING@YAHOO.COM, and yes I am an engineer besides being a lifelong Vette owner (my latest is a 2010 ZR1). There are over 200,000 Coupes built during this period that all could use what I am working on. Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

Quick Reply: '68 to '77 Coupe Roof 3D file solidworks or dxf