C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electric fan or stock

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:39 PM
aaroncorvette
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

This hilarious, love the KO picture.

I like the leccy fan because I can work on the car easier and it makes less noise, on those counts alone it's worth it to me.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I wondered when you would show but remembered that you and your peanut gallery are always a day late and a dollar short- but I see you're as obnoxious as ever. Even if I was dead wrong your manner of responding to posts with the crap below reminds me of why I put you on my ignore list in the first place.

The article you quoted has been discussed and dismissed several times before, I'm pretty sure you were part of it at least once. Any fool can rig a test to get those results. The how and why were already explained up above. I'm sure you glossed right over it or more likely didn't understand it. How sad.
Back on the ignore list, buh-bye!

Originally Posted by pauldana
WRONG again

Car Craft magazine article in the May 2000 issue, pages 47-51. It was an engine dyno flog- you know the drill. No fan, factory four blade, factory six, high perfomance flex fan, fan clutch style (both thermal & non-thermal designs), etc. The black magic elec fan
made 494 HP. The closest clutch fan was the thermal unit at 487 HP. The OE 4 blade made 473 and the OE replacement 6 blade fan sucked the worst at 449 horsepower.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Ward
I wondered when you would show but remembered that you and your peanut gallery are always a day late and a dollar short- but I see you're as obnoxious as ever. Even if I was dead wrong your manner of responding to posts with the crap below reminds me of why I put you on my ignore list in the first place.

The article you quoted has been discussed and dismissed several times before, I'm pretty sure you were part of it at least once. Any fool can rig a test to get those results. The how and why were already explained up above. I'm sure you glossed right over it or more likely didn't understand it. How sad.
:roc k:
I have a peanut gallery of my very own!?!?!? I've finally arrived!
tisk tisk now.... you know i only battle for the truth, Justice, and the American way..
you are.
banished by mikey....I will hold my head in shame for all my future years...

The article you quoted has been discussed and dismissed several times before, WHERE?

I'm pretty sure you were part of it at least once. huh... no..
Any fool can rig a test to get those results. Really???
The how and why were already explained up above. not by you....
I'm sure you glossed right over it or more likely didn't understand it. How sad.
I was off it!?!?!? .... o wait,,,, now im back on it...

Mike.... none of us know everything...... and I have been wrong on things, and when I am I admit it and learn from it...This I hope will never change. I have never read even once you state that you were wrong, yet your advise has been reputed with fact on many occasions, by many here much smarter than I, usually i just read on, but this time.... well...I had to stop and smell the roses.... have a beautiful day sir.

Last edited by pauldana; 03-12-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Steve Ference
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I prefer blondes and i KNOW they look the best, one of the reasons i married my good lady wife.
However, some of you prefer brunettes and i know you re WRONG.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Ference
I prefer blondes and i KNOW they look the best, one of the reasons i married my good lady wife.
However, some of you prefer brunettes and i know you re WRONG.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:33 PM
racegofast
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The electric fans look way cooler hahaha

Quick Reply: electric fan or stock