C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1976 Window Regulator / Motor Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
rgpta
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1976 Window Regulator / Motor Help

I recently took apart the side windows in the car to replace internal components. With the door off I plug into the the window motor and nothing happens. When I re-installed the regulator I had to manually compress the spring to catch the motor gears. I put the window in and wanted to test prior to putting the door back on.
I am guessing it doesn't matter if the door is on the car as I expected the window to go up and down either way.
Any help appreciated. Is there a fuse for the electrical windows, relay, etc, I may have blown?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rgpta
I recently took apart the side windows in the car to replace internal components. With the door off I plug into the the window motor and nothing happens. When I re-installed the regulator I had to manually compress the spring to catch the motor gears. I put the window in and wanted to test prior to putting the door back on.
I am guessing it doesn't matter if the door is on the car as I expected the window to go up and down either way.
Any help appreciated. Is there a fuse for the electrical windows, relay, etc, I may have blown?
The motor has to be grounded....the wires are positive only...
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
rgpta
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the quick response. How is it grounded when the door is on versus off?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rgpta
thanks for the quick response. How is it grounded when the door is on versus off?
The motor grounds to the door when it's bolted in....use some wire and alligator clips or something...anything just to ground it...

Get notified of new replies

To 1976 Window Regulator / Motor Help

Quick Reply: 1976 Window Regulator / Motor Help