C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bogus morel lifter : a heads up

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 02:21 AM
Belgian1979vette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default bogus morel lifter : a heads up

For those interested : seems someone is selling a Chinese copy of the top tier quality Morel lifters for SBC. There is a thread about this on speedtalk.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 AM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Cstraub69
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was brought to my attention yesterday by a local shop that was approached on a deal for some Morel solid roller lifters. The shop was assured they were Morels and from the packaging it looked like Morels, Nice clamshell package with foam insert.

At lunch I rode over and to my disbelief the Chinese have copied the Morel packaging now. The clamshell is a dead ringer but the give away was the cosmoline on the lifters, Morel puts the moisture bandit packs in their stuff, and the lifters had black oxide on them along with having sharp edges everywhere.

What to look for to be sure you are getting real Morels:

Morel will have a label on one end of the box with a mfg production date, a PO number, and their part number.

Morel now puts 2 of the moisture packs in all lifter assemblies.

The foam insert of Morels makes a U shape with what looks like a Dogbone divider in the middle.

All tie bars will have some laser etched on them. If it looks blank make sure there is nothing on the tiebar.

BBC Tie bars have UP on them and an arrow.

I will post some pictures of these in the next day or two. The sets that I saw were SB Chevy.

Get notified of new replies

To bogus morel lifter : a heads up

Quick Reply: bogus morel lifter : a heads up