C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket sending unit? Return line issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM
JDRez42
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default aftermarket sending unit? Return line issues

Does anyone know if there are sending units for the top of the tank with larger fittings? Put a holley regulator w/bypass(blue ele. holley fuel pump already on) on my dads car and the regulator wont work right with with 5/16 return on the stock 1/4 nipple at tank. Regulator says 3/8 return minimum. I'm going to pull the 5/16 and make sure its not kinked and dump it in a can to bypass the 1/4 nipple to see if it will work that way. let me know if you got any good ideas.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:23 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,608 Posts

Have you seen Lars set up where he places the regulator on the carb fuel line after the secondary connection?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 PM
JDRez42
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just looked at the Lars return. That's just for vapor lock it wouldn't help with my problem. My problem is the size of the return not the lack of one/vapor lock. I also saw a place called RobbMC Performance that makes sending units with 1/2" lines but nothing on their website for corvettes. I think i will just get a bulkhead AN fitting and drill the stock sending unit.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:49 AM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 856 Likes on 627 Posts

I think RobbMC does custom applications. I am sure he would make you one for the Vette. Give him a call. The guys on Chevelles all say he does one off stuff.

Bill
Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by JDRez42
I just looked at the Lars return. That's just for vapor lock it wouldn't help with my problem. My problem is the size of the return not the lack of one/vapor lock. I also saw a place called RobbMC Performance that makes sending units with 1/2" lines but nothing on their website for corvettes. I think i will just get a bulkhead AN fitting and drill the stock sending unit.
RobMC stopped making the 1/2 senders for corvettes sometime at the end of last year. I was going to buy one and sent an email when I could no longer find it on the site. I was told they did not sell enough of them and thus stopped production. Additionally, they used some one off pieces for them.

Get notified of new replies

To aftermarket sending unit? Return line issues

Quick Reply: aftermarket sending unit? Return line issues