C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New gauge circuit board, new problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Jon76
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New gauge circuit board, new problems

Okay, here goes. As some may know I replaced my stock radio with a new Retrosound Model One (older model) and due to this I had to replace the circuit board on the back of the bezel that worked with all of the clocks. (It broke while I was installing and all the clocks ceased to function.)

I replaced it just yesterday and I'm having a few issues now.
1.) Most annoying one and most concerning to me, when I used to get in my car and turn the key to power it before ignition, the belt light would turn on for a few seconds and the Gen light would turn on for a few seconds and then turn off along with the beep that comes with it. (I think it was the gen light, I may be wrong here.)

Essentially just the standard stuff that happens until the beep and light go off signaling that you can start turning on the car. Now, the light stays on until I start the car and the beeping DOESN'T STOP. The seatbelt light never turns on now.

Here's a picture (Refer to picture for number two as well ) This is the only light that turns on now. (GEN light) https://i.imgur.com/fLrV9.jpg

and 2.) The oil pressure gauge now doesn't seem to work. It moves slightly but doesn't go under 20 and NEVER hits 0. It's always either 20 when you turn it off and 40 when it turns on. (My Corvette has pretty much every piece stock in its engine so it may just be a busted unit.)

Thanks and sorry for the wall of text.

Quick Reply: New gauge circuit board, new problems