C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found the BEST way to clean your carpeted floor mats...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 AM
vetteguy75
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
LA Events Coordinator

Default Found the BEST way to clean your carpeted floor mats...

This past Sunday, I accidentally stepped in some oilly-dirt and tracked it on my CLEAN carpeted floor mats in the Vette. I tried the Resolve Heavy Traffic cleaner...it worked a little but you can still see a little of the stain (a ghost image...but none the less...still there)

I was pondering...."what can I use to remove those stains????" Then it dawned on me..."Why not use the Spray-N-Wash laundry stick??? It takes out stains in clothes REALLY well...so why not the carpet?"

I got some, from our laundry room, applied it heavily to the stained areas, let it sit for about 5 hours & then reapplied the Resolve Heavy Traffic spray. Brushed it with a nail brush and hosed it off in the back yard....and just like MAGIC the stains were COMPLETELY GONE!!!!! It really really works!!!!

Old 07-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Kim72
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You can hose off carpeted floor mats?? How long do they take to dry? Sounds like that's kind of tough on them.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:36 AM
78pace
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wet/dry vac....lay out in sun. Dry in no time.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:53 AM
vetteguy75
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

LA Events Coordinator

After I hose the mats down, I place them vertically so the water will run out. I usually leave them like that for about 30 minutes. Afterwards, I shake them to get the water that has accumulated at the bottom of the mat (because of the hem) and then I either leave them in the sun or put them in front of a fan until dry...usually a couple of hours. Never dawned on me to use the dry-vac (and I have one) and that's a great idea! Next time...
Old 07-10-2012, 08:02 AM
silver79
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kim72
You can hose off carpeted floor mats?? How long do they take to dry? Sounds like that's kind of tough on them.
I wash mine every time with the left over soapy water, hose them off and let them dry, they come out clean and bright.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Xterrable
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I detail cars, I use my pressure washer with a 40 degree nozzle on it to pressure wash mats. It actually pushes the dirt right out! Obviously, I need to be careful and not get closer than 8-10 inches from the mat, but I am usually able to get them pretty clean with very little elbow grease. I hang it to dry and they usually dry in 4-6 hours on nice sunny days.

Hanging it is key so the water drips out on its own.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wash my mats in the basement slop sink all the time. Had real good luck with Blue Coral Dri Clean Plus carpet cleaner, and a scrub brush for the gunky stuff. I just hang them up from the basment studs over a floor drain to drip dry overnight. Also use the same floor drain to wash wheel/tire sets over, any time of year. Pretty nice, as happens to be a support pole right there, to lean things against.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Phil Zell
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Xterrable
When I detail cars, I use my pressure washer with a 40 degree nozzle on it to pressure wash mats. It actually pushes the dirt right out! Obviously, I need to be careful and not get closer than 8-10 inches from the mat, but I am usually able to get them pretty clean with very little elbow grease. I hang it to dry and they usually dry in 4-6 hours on nice sunny days.

Hanging it is key so the water drips out on its own.
Ditto, me too
Old 07-11-2012, 12:01 AM
vetteguy75
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

LA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Xterrable
When I detail cars, I use my pressure washer with a 40 degree nozzle on it to pressure wash mats. It actually pushes the dirt right out! Obviously, I need to be careful and not get closer than 8-10 inches from the mat, but I am usually able to get them pretty clean with very little elbow grease.
The pressure washer doesn't tear up the mats??

Get notified of new replies

To Found the BEST way to clean your carpeted floor mats...

Quick Reply: Found the BEST way to clean your carpeted floor mats...