C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I missing a part of my antenna assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:41 PM
rcsdvette
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Am I missing a part of my antenna assembly?

Is the antenna itself supposed to be exposed between the mast and the bezel nut on a 74 as in the picture? Am is missing a part?
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 PM
robert.sperry
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 74' and yours looks similar to mine. Big difference with mine is that the end of the threads on antenna base that mate with the large lower bezel nut are not exposed (I cannot tell if you have the rubber gasket underneath the large lower bezel nut since a missing gasket would allow the large lower nut to thread farther down and expose the thread ends) and the smaller upper nut sits lower on mine (perhaps your upper nut is not fully tightened). I would say you are not missing any parts. There are good pictures of these parts in the aftermarket vendor cataloges (Paragon, Corvette Central etc) and you could compare what you have with those pictures.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 PM
paragoncorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by robert.sperry
I have a 74' and yours looks similar to mine. Big difference with mine is that the end of the threads on antenna base that mate with the large lower bezel nut are not exposed (I cannot tell if you have the rubber gasket underneath the large lower bezel nut since a missing gasket would allow the large lower nut to thread farther down and expose the thread ends) and the smaller upper nut sits lower on mine (perhaps your upper nut is not fully tightened). I would say you are not missing any parts. There are good pictures of these parts in the aftermarket vendor cataloges (Paragon, Corvette Central etc) and you could compare what you have with those pictures.
https://www.paragoncorvette.com/corv...3/#/142/zoomed Hope this helps!

Get notified of new replies

To Am I missing a part of my antenna assembly?

Quick Reply: Am I missing a part of my antenna assembly?