C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette Pack muffler inserts for Hooker styled side pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Hadez
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds great

I am looking for a bit different sound (louder) and I think I will like these for sure. Thanks for posting the video

btw...how the hell did you find sunny weather down here today??? Day turned to night here in Miami at about 1pm until 6ish.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:33 PM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaos
Sounds great

I am looking for a bit different sound (louder) and I think I will like these for sure. Thanks for posting the video

btw...how the hell did you find sunny weather down here today??? Day turned to night here in Miami at about 1pm until 6ish.

I left at 11 am to go to another forum members house to drop off some parts and helped out on his buddies '82 vette then we took a photo of all three cars and I decided to leave. He told me later on that it poured 15 minutes after I left got out just in time and made it home dry.

Picked up some car ramps at Harbor Freight after the monsoon hit here and when I got home UPS man was delivery the new parts for my Vacuum pump for the power brakes so I got that working correctly. It was raining while I installed the new switch and relay so we got rain I just use the old radar and go when it's clearish
Old 05-09-2012, 09:35 PM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by Neptune75
Wow, Sounds and looks great oh and i coudn't help to notice the Fed Ex truck at 1:27ish send him to my house im waiting on parts

I try my best to order from places that use FedEx since they get here early where the big brown truck is always last and usually late when I have a part on board, however today was a rare occasion when he was here by 4:30 instead of 7 pm
Old 05-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Chambered
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by palmbeachvette76
I try my best to order from places that use FedEx since they get here early where the big brown truck is always last and usually late when I have a part on board, however today was a rare occasion when he was here by 4:30 instead of 7 pm
I use FedEx Ground for ALL my domestic shipments. Another thing I absolutely love about FedEx is they deliver on Sat. - standard operating procedure!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Mr.Green
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds great. I want to keep the under-car pipes on my '76, but go to a true dual exhaust. I'll have to check out those chambered exhausts.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 PM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by Mr.Green
Sounds great. I want to keep the under-car pipes on my '76, but go to a true dual exhaust. I'll have to check out those chambered exhausts.

Get with Eric and see what he has or can build for you. Truly great guy to work with and product quality is excellent

I'd imagine you could run a pair of powersticks under the car and a second set where the factory muffler location is depending what volume level you're looking for.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Chambered
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 84 Posts

Yep - all the time.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Evette76
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the sts baffles now and they are just so loud. Any ideas on if these are quieter?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:45 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by Evette76
I have the sts baffles now and they are just so loud. Any ideas on if these are quieter?
I don't have first hand experience to answer your question with but a few posts up from here is member "Kaos" and he had the sts baffles in his '69 convertible with an LS engine and they had some volume. I drove the car once just briefly and didn't find them to be super loud but the convertible top down makes a huge difference vs. a coupe.

Engine type, camshaft and compression will play a role in how loud any insert will be from one car to the next. The only help I can be is telling you mine are loud but not too loud and not an annoying tone. Under acceleration you know they are there but it's not deafening and once cruising in town or on the highway in the 2500-3000 range they have a nice rumble that is no louder than wind noise with the windows down. Windows up and you can converse with a passenger, under acceleration you'll have to ask them to repeat what they said or suggest they hold the thought for later and enjoy the ride and the stereo sound of the pipes.

Theoretically these inserts should be quieter since they have packing and sound deadening material but sometimes reality doesn't follow theory and you just have to give them a try. I can say they are wife approved in my case anyway. She got in this past Sunday while I had it running in the driveway warming the engine up and all she said was "I just love this car"

Eric

Last edited by palmbeachvette76; 10-02-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Evette76
Advanced

lol I see. Well my motor is rebuilt with aluminum heads and such so it is louder now. The highway is really loud. When I get out from a long drive on the highway my left ear is numb.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 PM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

I took a 45 minute drive on the interstate last week and my left ear wasn't numb but a little fuzzy with the windows down the entire time so part exhaust and part wind blowing. After a few minutes out of the car it was gone so no big deal in my opinion.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Evette76
Advanced

Ya i'm talking when I go to bloomington gold, three hour trip, and effingham, five hour trip.

Quick Reply: Vette Pack muffler inserts for Hooker styled side pipes