C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock carb with stock air cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Edelbrock carb with stock air cleaner

Is anyone running the stock air cleaner assembly with an Edelbrock carb? I have used a plastic spacer on top of the carb to lift the air cleaner assembly high enough for the carb to operate, but wondered if there is a better solution.

I would prefer the stock air cleaner assembly over an open element setup.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 PM
worship79
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

My '79 stock assembly fits the Edelbrock 1411 carb I have. No issues with operation too. What year are we talking?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Edelbrock 1406 and '80 dual snorkel air cleaner assembly.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:08 PM
drwet
Melting Slicks

Received 541 Likes on 416 Posts

I used to run the stock air cleaner on a Holley carb on my '79. It took substantial modification to make it fit, but it can be done. I took the air cleaner base and started cutting with a die grinder until it would fit over the carb. Than I took some sheet metal and welded in new pieces to seal up the holes and still fit over the carb. From the topside you can't tell anything had been done. You couldn't even tell it had a Holley. I suspect the modifications to fit over an Edelbrock would be a lot less than my case.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock carb with stock air cleaner

Quick Reply: Edelbrock carb with stock air cleaner