C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Back in Business"

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Korevette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Back in Business"

I thank you all for looking or commenting at my post 'Motivation to Finish'. Your positive words took me back to the garage and has me presently tackling the differential.

I took an interest of a few posts that suggested I "sell the car". I think I understand the reasoning, if it does not inspire you, why finish.

If I did sell, I suspect I would only see about .25 cents on the dollar. Maybe that is how some of us purchased our current 'projects' because of the very same reasons. Motivation to finish was not there.

To get a bit real, I took an inventory of parts, successes and what I really was to inspire me to go back to the garage and get back at it. Nothing was lost, it was like an old book with a page corner folded over to pick up where I left off.

Maybe as a suggestion to those who maybe close to throwing in the towel, take a bit of time to see how far you have come. I recall a old story of a fellow who swam half way accross the English Channel to only get tired, gave up and swam back. The light is equal on both ends of the tunnel when you are in the middle.

Don't sell your projects, put them on the back burner if you need to for a while to get rejuvinated. A couple of encouraging words can start you off again.

Dano.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:39 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I am glad to hear that you are back on track, brother!

Keep it between the ditches!
Scott
Old 02-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Ben Lurkin
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Good to hear. I bought my car 20 years ago about a year before I got married. With kids, new house, job, small business I bought, it was nigh impossible to do too much with it all at once. I started with the suspension, vbp, then the brakes, started accumulating parts for the trans/engine upgrade. I finally built the 540 for it and installed the 5 spd trans last year. It still needs the interior and paint redone.

Takes time, money and patience. Sometimes those things are in short supply.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:45 AM
cm2dinger
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love hearing that one of our own gets back at it. Everytime I "hit the wall" I come on hear and see a thread of one that was so much worse then mine and that helps me.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Tim H
Safety Car

Received 103 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Korevette

Don't sell your projects, put them on the back burner if you need to for a while to get rejuvinated. A couple of encouraging words can start you off again.

Dano.
But this is why "cars in barns" is so popular because all the cars on there are owned by people who put them on the back burner and let them rot instead of letting someone else finish and enjoy.
Swimming half way is a little different than starring at thousands in money you still need to spend.
Im sure you can finish this car but your 1 in a million.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:04 PM
riggs 74
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to hear you decided to put the car back together, You'll be rewarded when you start driving it again and see what a joy a C3 can be, it puts a smile on my face every time I take mine out.

Riggs.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Roco71
Melting Slicks

That's great to hear! Any chance of a few photos?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:43 AM
nate99
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, just drove mine for the first time in 4 years. Keep plugging, you'll get there. If you are far enough in to it, it will be worth it.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:41 PM
dgheinen
Instructor

Originally Posted by Roco71
That's great to hear! Any chance of a few photos?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Korevette
Racer

I will get some pics up asap. I got some issues with my computer and once straightened out I will post some.

Dano,

Get notified of new replies

To "Back in Business"

Quick Reply: "Back in Business"