C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body part matching

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:15 PM
testytester
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body part matching

I new to the form looks like a great site though . I recently bought a 1974 stingray with a damaged front end (Body Panels ) and was wondering if a front end off a 1977 was the same and would fit
Thanks great site looking forward to be active . TT
Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 PM
captl27
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to corvette central 73-74 are the same and 75- 79 are the same. I do not know if the parts are close enough to use but they list as different parts.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:10 PM
75vetteman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captl27
According to corvette central 73-74 are the same and 75- 79 are the same. I do not know if the parts are close enough to use but they list as different parts.
the main difference that i know is that the front bumper cover fits differently to the front end. on 73-74 the joining line is straight all the way around. on 75+ the bumper cover has a little lip that extends toward the cab in the upper middle section (only about an inch tall by 1 ft width). the front end has a indent for this. on the cover of the haynes repair manual you'll see what i'm talking about. the cover picture is of a 75+. i'm pretty sure you could switch these but it would be obvious. atleast to some one who knows corvettes. if you're not planning on taking this car to shows then go with whatever you find is cheapest.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:10 PM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Will fit the cowl, so it can be installed, but most other parts are different.

Get notified of new replies

To Body part matching

Quick Reply: Body part matching