C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confused on engine casting numbers

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 03:05 PM
slickdaddy1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

back in the day --yea everthing back in the days ---blah blah blah --- everything cost $ -tinker tinker --never get finish --**** man thats what these cars do --they cost --but once you get there its worth every penny ---PUT A CRATE ENGINE IN IT AND GET IT OVER WITH !
Old 05-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Phil Zell
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 69cvette
i have a 1957 chevy with a supposed 300 hp 327 in it but i wanted to clarify if it was true.

the block casting numbers read TIII56F

can anyone help me out?

I know the T stands for Tonawanda.
If you would care to clean the grease off of your engine so you can see some numbers, you may find out that you might have a numbers matching setup. Ever think about that ?
Just a guess
Old 05-06-2012, 08:42 AM
69cvette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it wont be a numbers matching engine the car was an inline 6 car, vin number would have to start with a V or a VC to have had a v8. but I've got a guy that does nothing but build 327's about 10 minutes from my house that does excellent work.

I don't know if I've posted this but its a 220 horse 283. 4 barrel carb power pack heads and has a dual plane aluminum wieand intake. at least its not a complete dog and it could be worse and be a 305, at least a 283 still runs way better than one of those engines, plus they are extremely tough engines.

Quick Reply: confused on engine casting numbers