C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:52 PM
gmad
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiper Problem

I purchased a 1970 coupe several months ago which had been parked for about 16 years and needed quite a bit of work. I have had my local mechanic do a lot work which has been great, however, he is stymied with a wiper problem. The wipers and lights were not working so I had him put in a vacuum hose replacement kit and he replaced the several actuators and serveral control valves. Everything works now, however, when he turns the wipers off, the wiper door shuts on the wiper blades before they can retract. He checked everything but can't figure it out. Help!!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:00 PM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by gmad
I purchased a 1970 coupe several months ago which had been parked for about 16 years and needed quite a bit of work. I have had my local mechanic do a lot work which has been great, however, he is stymied with a wiper problem. The wipers and lights were not working so I had him put in a vacuum hose replacement kit and he replaced the several actuators and serveral control valves. Everything works now, however, when he turns the wipers off, the wiper door shuts on the wiper blades before they can retract. He checked everything but can't figure it out. Help!!
There is a valve under the wiper grille area on the passenger side. It delays the closing for the wipers to park.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 PM
gmad
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Wiper Problem

Quick Reply: Wiper Problem