C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 01:31 AM
SprintCarDriver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift Kit

I have read and listened to all th comments on the B&M Trans pack. Anyone have experience with the Transgo Shift kit? I want to order one tomorrow, and cant deciede which one. What I am looking for is a harder shift to third. It is slushy and I lose a lot of time there.
Thanks
Old 04-18-2002, 02:01 AM
noxqsz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Shift Kit (SprintCarDriver)

Sprint;

I installed a TransGo kit in my TH400 when I had it rebuilt last year. I'm very happy. Be aware, however, that installing a shift kit in a transmission that needs rebuilding will be a waste of money and time. Sounds like yours may have some issues that need to be resolved before the kit is installed. Also be aware that getting the shift points where you want them may be a trial and error affair and requires changing the weights and springs in the governor. If you've had experience with automatics, you know what that entails. But if not, understand that it will more than likely require lying under your car soaking your hair in transmission fluid. If you are new to automatics, I strongly encourage you to invest in a book on TH400s. The one by Ron Sessions is a great place to start.

Quick Reply: Shift Kit