C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Spoiler broken bolts

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 03:10 PM
jkjazzsax
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Spoiler broken bolts

I purchased my '78 back a few months ago, and it came with a rear spoiler that wasn't attached yet. All the holes are pre-drilled, it all matches up and lines up correctly. I think the previous owner removed it during painting.

Problem is a few of the bolts on the rear spoiler apparently sheared off. It looks to be welded onto the spoiler but I'm not sure. Any suggestions on what to do? Take it to a machine shop? Body shop? Welder? Are there replacement parts?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Snoopysvet
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jkjazzsax
I purchased my '78 back a few months ago, and it came with a rear spoiler that wasn't attached yet. All the holes are pre-drilled, it all matches up and lines up correctly. I think the previous owner removed it during painting.

Problem is a few of the bolts on the rear spoiler apparently sheared off. It looks to be welded onto the spoiler but I'm not sure. Any suggestions on what to do? Take it to a machine shop? Body shop? Welder? Are there replacement parts?

Thanks in advance!
I went to Home Depot and got some bolts, washers and nuts. I liberally applied JB Weld and essentially glued the bolts in place.

Call me Bubba if you have to, but two years later it is solid as a rock.

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler broken bolts