C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiper question....after doing the search...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM
old coons
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wiper question....after doing the search...

On my 76, the wipers seem to only intermittenly work one time if I push the wiper switch in (not always though). If I slide the switch over, I get nothing. I bought a new switch and installed it to find the same issue. After doing the search on wiper issues it was suggested that perhaps the bezel could be cracked, but I could not find any cracks other than someone cut the lower bezel to put in a cd player. Any Ideas would be greatly apreciated!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:54 PM
birdsmith
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went through a similar issue with my '70 recently...intermittent operation. I tested the motor on the car, everything checked good-still no wipers. Pulled the motor out (PITA) and bench-tested it per Willcox, everything was fine. Put it back in the car and tried it again, still no go. I think I might have requested help from the Almighty at this point. Finally dropped the part of the center bezel down that held the switch and VOILA! WIPERS! It turned out that my recently-replaced dash pad was just a little thicker than the OEM unit and caused the switch to bind enough to prevent the wipers from working...you just might want to open up the bezel and try it like that.

Quick Reply: wiper question....after doing the search...