C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Belt Buckel Connector on 79?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:52 AM
LaSHOOOOSH
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seat Belt Buckel Connector on 79?

Hey All,

Not sure sure if anyone knows this but does anyone know what kind of connector is on the end of the seat belt buckle so that when you buckle your seat belt the light turns off on the dash..

Is it a flat one or is it the t-shape connector? I found a set of used belts on ebay and shipped them off to get refurbished. Neither of the buckles had the adapter on them.. So i don't know what connector i need to ask for.. Any help would be appreciated..
Old 11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LaSHOOOOSH
Hey All,

Not sure sure if anyone knows this but does anyone know what kind of connector is on the end of the seat belt buckle so that when you buckle your seat belt the light turns off on the dash..

Is it a flat one or is it the t-shape connector? I found a set of used belts on ebay and shipped them off to get refurbished. Neither of the buckles had the adapter on them.. So i don't know what connector i need to ask for.. Any help would be appreciated..
Old 11-05-2010, 04:35 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 717 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by LaSHOOOOSH
What kind of connector is on the end of the seat belt buckle so that when you buckle your seat belt the light turns off on the dash? Is it a flat one or is it the t-shape connector?
Questions of this nature are best answered with images and I believe you've got two different questions. The hardware question and than whether the connection is grounding and turning off the warning lamp. The photo below shows a 78-82 seat belt buckle (left) and the latch (right). When the latch is inserted in the buckle ends, it grounds and sends a signal to the lamp (and buzzer) to turn freakin off. So the circuit has two routes.

I found a set of used belts on ebay and shipped them off to get refurbished. Neither of the buckles had the adapter on them.. So i don't know what connector i need to ask for.. Any help would be appreciated..
I'm not sure what an adapter is as you describe but would state there is no adapter. It is either a buckle or latch. See the photo link below. Where did you send off your belts for refurb?

seatbelt
Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 AM
LaSHOOOOSH
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent them to seatbeltsolutions.com

Here are a few pics of what I'm talking about I grabbed these pics off a couple ebay auctions for a 79..

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Belt Buckel Connector on 79?

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Buckel Connector on 79?