C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fixing floors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 07:52 PM
stickben
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fixing floors?

heh i have a really bad case of rust on my floor boards. Is there any fixes that dont require me to completely remove the existing floor? This may be the bubba comming out in me, but I was thinking of sealing up the existing floor with fiberglass mat and resin. Also is the floor pan the only thing holding up the seats or is there something that attaches the seats to the frame?

thanks,
ben
Old 03-29-2002, 08:46 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

Default Re: fixing floors? (stickben)

i have pop riveted sheet metal metal in a1976 before.sprayed the bottom with rust protecter . not factory but did work.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:45 PM
tom75
Racer

Heres a floorboard repair kit from por15s website that might be helpfull. I have never used this peticular product but other por products I have used have been good. Tom75:chevy
http://www.por15.com/cgi-bin/formrun...ItemNumb=catp8
Old 03-29-2002, 09:52 PM
bjones9858
Intermediate

This is in the best tradition of bubba. He'd be proud. I had small pin holes but mostly solid. Wire brushed the hell out of them, painted with por 15 to stop the rust , then fiberglassed over the whole works. If you go this route, make sure you put paper under the car when painting. Por 15 will never come off the drive way. The seats bolt into the floor pan but my rust wasn't around the mounting areas.

Get notified of new replies

To fixing floors?

Quick Reply: fixing floors?