C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

i think that just about explains how i feel. they have lost, and broken more of my poopie then you would even believe. this time they destroyed some parts i shipped. when i made a claim, they picked them up from the guys house. would you believe they lost them while they were on the way to there claims department!!! they are telling me that i am sol because i didn't save the tracking number.
at the same time they have lost a shifter i sold to a guy in texas. same thing, because i cant find the tracking number they say there is nothing they can do. WTF!!!!
last year they broke, and lost a m20 trans.
is anyone else having these problems?
:mad :confused: :mad :eek: :confused: :mad :U :mad :boxing
Old 03-26-2002, 02:34 PM
79MakoL82
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (sdixon)

I've never had problems with them, but I would start saving the tracking numbers from now on if I were you.

[Modified by 79MakoL82, 12:35 PM 3/26/2002]
Old 03-26-2002, 02:40 PM
PrarieShark
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (79MakoL82)

Better luck next time.
Old 03-26-2002, 02:41 PM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always use USPS or UPS for my stuff. FedX is too rough on handling to 'get it there before anyone else does!'
Old 03-26-2002, 02:49 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (Marks69BB)

I always use USPS or UPS for my stuff. FedX is too rough on handling to 'get it there before anyone else does!'
Old 03-26-2002, 04:01 PM
Anar76
Burning Brakes

Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (Alwyn678)

If fedex could fire it out of a big cannon to get it there faster they probably would. I only use ups and I've never had a single problem, wait , they lost one thing but found it the next day no prob. Plus the driver that always comes here is nice as he*l, Even brings bones for my dogs.
No complaints.
But you're right, Fedex Suc*s !
Old 03-26-2002, 04:44 PM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (Anar76)

I assure you that you have just been lucky with UPS. In my experience they are the 'suckiest'. I've actually considered buying the domain upssucks.com or bitemeups.com on a couple of occassions.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:12 PM
jimduchek
Racer

Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (lbell101)

I had a couple friends in college who were UPS package throwers. That was their job title, for real. Do I need to say anymore? US Postal Service is the way to go. Besides -- sending something thru the US mail gives you a lot of interesting protections under federal law. For example, if someone sends you an item unsolicited via U.S. mail, the item then legally belongs to you. Not to mention that it's a federal pound-me-in-the-butt prison offense to mess with somebody else's mail that was deliveered via the USPS.

Jim

Old 03-26-2002, 06:18 PM
Jester69Stingray
Pro

at the same time they have lost a shifter i sold to a guy in texas. same thing, because i cant find the tracking number they say there is nothing they can do. WTF!!!!
:mad :confused: :mad :eek: :confused: :mad :U :mad :boxing
Theres more to that story that makes it worse. After the package was returned to sdixon the first time it was shipped because of a bad adress. He shipped it again to a diffrent adress and it was returned to him again. I have had problems with an adress for both USPS and UPS in the past and every time they have called me and worked out the problem with me and I go tmy package the next day. So it was sent for a third time and when it disnt show up for a week I called sdixon and he called fedex. Somone from Fedex then called me and they told me they were checking on the status of the package which he belived was in Fort Worth. He said he would call me back when he had the package located that wa about three weeks ago and I havent heard a thing. I have tried calling them but they say they cant do poopie without a tracking number. This is really pissing me off. I do want to say that sdixion has handled it very well so far trying to help me find my shifter.

This is the first and last time I will ever use fedex. They cant even deliver a simple package and their coustomer service is terrible. :mad :mad :mad
Old 03-26-2002, 06:34 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (lbell101)

UPS brutalizes the hell out of packages, too, and what really ticks me off is they insist on leaving the damned things on my doorstep where any passing yahoo can walk off with my expensive parts. Their answer to my complaints about that? "Oh, all our packages are automatically insured." My answer: so the hell what? I don't want to have to go through all the hassle & paperwork just because the corporate bigdogs don't want to spend an extra buck to deliver it when I'm actually there. United States Postal Service, only way to go!

JB
Old 03-26-2002, 07:28 PM
dlw
Racer

Remember the slogan "when it absolutely has to be there overnight"? Well, I sent a manilla envelope to Albuquerque once and it got there eight days later!

True story.
Old 03-26-2002, 07:42 PM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Common sense tells me to stay out of this. But I'm going to go against my gut feeling.

I'm a FedEx Account Executive. I deal with it all. I've heard it all. And you know what? The UPS guys have too. It's not a perfect world, and there is no perfect system. But I have to tell you, we have over 250,000 people who truly want to delight you.

There are a lot of variables that can play into the service level of a package shipped. The way it's packaged, labeled, etc. are biggies. This is true if you are shipping with one of my competitors or us. We are not a specialized handling service. We are a small package delivery service, and we do every thing we can to service the customer the best way we know how. We wouldn't be doing as well as we are, if that wasn't the case.

And you and I both know, you can pack your stuff up in lead, paint the address with large fluorescent numbers, and it may still not get there. But our numbers prove, that over 99% of the time, we will get the package there when you need it. That's why we guarantee our Express times to within 60 seconds of when we say it will be there. Let me repeat: 60 seconds. That's also why we say if it absolutely positively has to be there, we are the logical choice.

Now, with that said, if you'd like to give me a call, I may be able to help you out. I'll certainly try my best.

My number is 330-801-5429.

I'll be here for the rest of the night.

You can also E-mail me your information, and I'll take it from there.

Your business is important to us regardless of who you are or how much you ship. You'll have to trust me on that one. I hope I can help.

Old 03-26-2002, 09:28 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (joeveto)

Now here's a guy with guts!

Personally, I've never had a Fedex problem. Never had a USPS problem :flag But I'll take the fifth when it comes to UPS...half the time my incoming packages look like they've been run over buy a truck :U
Old 03-26-2002, 09:46 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Joe,
That is a very generous and gutsy offer. Thank you for it. I am sure that Forum members admire your honesty. So here is my whine as Canadians are prone to do.

I have not had a lot of problems from USA to Canada. In fact many have been very prompt. From 2-3 days delivered to my door. Mind you that is computer parts as well as automobile parts. And a few other items.

But here is what has irritated me so often. And I welcome your opinion and advice. Canada and the USA (and Mexico) are members of the North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Most automobiles and auto parts come across the border duty-free. But if I were to order, let us say, SS brake cailpers from XYZ Corp. in the USA, I pay parts costs and shipping in US$. Makes sense. We suffer from a 63 cent dollar. And we pay PST and GST as Canadian taxes. Still fine. But then FedEx (or UPS, Purolator) imposes about a 24% "brokerage" fee on the value of the parts and the shipping costs. That in US$. This is nonsense. As an example, take Niagara Falls, NY and Ontario. Some FedEx worker scans the bar code on one side of the border and another on the other side....24%?? I use US Mail to avoid this when I can but sometimes it cannot be avoided. I would appreciate your comments on this. It is very annoying and expensive....And I do not believe that your firm can truly justify that brokerage fee. Not hitting on you, just curious.

Paul

[Modified by paul79, 8:49 PM 3/26/2002]
Old 03-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Detroit Vette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (Jester69Stingray)

HEY JUSTIN, I JUST GOT DONE JUMPING THROUGH HOOPS WITH FEDEX!!! i have the tracking number now, 045747823519878. they of course will have to call me back with the info!!!! :U :boxing let's give them another day to drag us throught the picker bushes with bullpoopie excuses. we will then go in swinging!!!! :boxing
Old 03-26-2002, 10:03 PM
Anar76
Burning Brakes

Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (paul79)

Joeveto...wow, That's very cool to say all that under such heavy fire :)
I do admire your honesty and dedication. But accidents do happen.
How many people would normally handle a package shipped halfway across the country ? I have no idea but I'd guess...8 or so ? and with all the packages you guys see every day I'm sure some of them accidently get dropped.
But because of your honesty and everything, I might have a different outlook next time on using fedex.
Thank you
Old 03-27-2002, 12:36 AM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Paul--I won't sit here and claim to know what our cost structure is to clear customs for your stuff. And unless there is more to it than you and I can see with our own eyes (potential fees charged to us), I would say your perception of the fees is probably very close to the truth. A similar example, would be the fuel surcharge. Our companies, and when I say this, I include my competition, are quick to raise the fuel surcharges in response to increased fuel prices. But we are equally slow to remove or reduce the surcharges when the prices drop. We are all guilty of this. Although I have to say, this time, we were a little quicker to reduce ours. A lot of it boils down to this: If the we're all doing it, we'd be crazy not to. If that makes any sense.

I don't make the decisions, and it's probably a good thing I don't. But because of my position, I take a lot of heat.

Anar--You're right. A heck of a lot of people handle those packages. And while we do everything we can to train them in good "hand to surface" techniques (i.e. don't throw the cutomers' packages), I can't guarantee you it will never happen.
We will gladly test a customer's package for packing quality. Both UPS and FedEx follow the ISTA (International Safe Transit Authority) guidelines for testing package quality. If you think our systems can be rough on a package, you should check out the test. They drop the package several times on one side, then rotate it, drop it on an opposing side, then they drop it on a corner. The distance from the floor is dependent upon the weight of the package. The heavier the package, the shorter the distance.

After the drop test, the package is placed on a metal table, and it is vibrated for an hour at an impact frequency meant to simulate being on the back of a trailer. The impacts are with a great enough force to raise the package one inch from the platform. After this, the package is dropped again. Then photos are taken of the product.

One last thing: If the package is long and narrow, its braced on either edge, and it's impacted at it's midpoint to test the middle's structural integrity.

If a package fails, we present our results to the customer with recommendations for improvement. We'll work with the customer to help them ship their packages better. Obviously, this is a win win situation.

Should a customer's package pass these tests, from that point on, we will never deny a claim for reasons of poor packaging. And if UPS were to perform this test and certify a customer's package, we would accept the results. Again, this is an industry standard. But let me point out, very few customer's I know, could pass this test. Appropriate packaging is expensive, and many would prefer to roll the dice and take their chances. And depending upon the value of their product, I can't say I blame them. The customers who can't or don't afford smart packaging, but then come to us upset because of damage (accusing both us and UPS of hiring gorillas, etc. to handle their product) I can't help.

I appreciate the support and open ears you all have lent me. I hope I've helped in return!

Any time you guys have questions like these, before or after you ship, please feel free to contact me. I'm more than happy to help.

Get notified of new replies

To FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2002, 12:58 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

#88 Dale Jarret, just race the truck Dale, people just LOVE the Brown Truck :yesnod:

eBay, where America shops for Corvettes :yesnod:
Old 03-27-2002, 07:04 AM
V-Twin
Burning Brakes

Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (page62)

"Never had a USPS problem "............please say that again about 100 times and I may believe it after these morons lost my 1200 bucks radiator and can't find it. I have the tracking number and everything but they say it changes when it arrives in europe so now it has been "in transit" for 70+ days where I paid for 6 days air.....uhuh...USPS rules!!!!!!!!!11

Xander
Old 03-27-2002, 07:09 AM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

Default Re: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! (V-Twin)

I didn't think the USPS issued tracking numbers unless it was express service. How was it sent?
USPS=United States Postal Service.

Larry

Quick Reply: FEDEX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!