C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remove computer in my 81 vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM
namvet6869
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

i stuck with the ccc system on my 81. put a new napa comp. in it. found someone that new what they were doing with the electronic quadrajet and it runs great. removed the polution crap, put true duals on it and bumped the timing up to 12 degrees. now its no screamin eagle but is responsive and mpg is around 16-18 city driving. it also has 118,000 miles on it.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Tim81
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I still have the CCC on my car. The car performs very well for me. I'm not interested in spending money on horse power that I can rarely use and having to break the law when I would use it. I agree with 81Pilot that his car probable gets just as good gas mileage. I want to keep my car as factory as I can. The car runs great, needs very little tuning and puts a smile on my face. I bought a manual on the CCC and learned that it really is very easy to maintain and trouble shoot, which for me has not been very often.
Tim
Old 07-15-2010, 04:26 AM
gingerbreadman1977
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

7T1vette do you even have an 81?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:00 AM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,714 Likes on 2,272 Posts

No. But, what's your point? Maybe you should read post #3 again. It doesn't challenge anyone and doesn't make any big claims for the CCC system...other than the idle quality and warm-up are better and mileage is "better than normal". Some jerk like 81pilot wants to take people on for offering a viewpoint [that is different from theirs] and you choose to chime in support for his approach. Why don't you guys just behave with a little more class....give your advice and leave it at that. Why do you choose to challenge everyone else's posts?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Tim81
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

There is nothing wrong with either advice given in this post. Why is it that every time I read something in this forum, someone finds it necessary to flame someone else? This use to be the site to visit for good information, now its all about who's more right.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:14 PM
81pilot
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
No. But, what's your point? Maybe you should read post #3 again. It doesn't challenge anyone and doesn't make any big claims for the CCC system...other than the idle quality and warm-up are better and mileage is "better than normal". Some jerk like 81pilot wants to take people on for offering a viewpoint [that is different from theirs] and you choose to chime in support for his approach. Why don't you guys just behave with a little more class....give your advice and leave it at that. Why do you choose to challenge everyone else's posts?
I didn't call you any names. Actually I enjoyed this bantor, I think it showed both sides. And as far as challenging? I never gave anything but my opinion. And yes I asked you for clarification on a couple of things for which you got extremely testy. I think I have shown class and I will be the bigger man and leave it there. Have a nice life.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:18 PM
81pilot
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I apologize especially to the OP for dragging this into somewhere it needed not go. I thought I had relevant information due to my experience with the exact car that was asked about. In the future I will defer to someone else, this is not worth it. Again I apologize to the OP and almost anyone else that was offended. :O)
Old 07-16-2010, 03:34 AM
gingerbreadman1977
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
im not challenging anyone and i cant see any of my posts that were nasty or disrespectful. i keep it pretty down to earth on here and can only once remember having a major disagreement on here with someone once and that was skip white but it never got ugly. you telling me to behave with a little more class makes me roll my eyes some what as i never did anything except give my opinion on my 81 with good and bad , but mostly bad issues with a ccc 81. i was just curious if you had an 81 because unless you do or did you cant really talk from experience.

Last edited by gingerbreadman1977; 07-16-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:45 AM
sniperdiver37
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So anyways.... glad you all hugged and made up

Ray,
As you have read there are purks to leaving it alone and to taking it out. It all comes down to what YOU want to do with your car. Stock /OEM cars that are restored and all original bring more resale value. Modifing the car may not bring that but it sure is worth the grin you get when you drive it like it should be. (safely and lawfuly of course)
I hope the info you recieved was useful.As you can see this forum contains all types of people from all over. Vette owner are like horse trainers....they all have thier own way of doing things and opinions but we all have that one thing in common.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:15 PM
RC81
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 94 Posts

I still have the computer in mine. Living in Ca. I cant remove it and pass smog. I have a rebuilt motor, performance Crower cam, head work, high flow cat and Flowmasters. I just put a rebuilt E4ME carb on it, got all its adjustments set and can spin the tires as long as needed - runs great but its been a learning experience.

Quick Reply: remove computer in my 81 vette