C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FlowMasters....how do they work???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Billysvette
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugman Jeff
Note that the part numbers (where listed) are different. Different designs and diameters of mufflers. Has nothing to do with the material, just the shape/size of the muffler. For instance, the 17263 UltraFlow is a 2 1/2" pipe with an oval case, the 17296 UltraFlow is 3" with a round case
Gotcha
Old 05-18-2010, 10:52 PM
blckslvr79
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Billysvette
It may not be pleasing to you ,but those people that hear you go by sure have a smile on their faces Flowmasters drone bad inside the car,but they do sound good at idle and going by and down the road
Personally, i dont run them, too much drone.

I had the 40 series on my 79 prior to sidepipes. The sound was cool, but the droan inside the car was horrible. I'd get a head ache if I drove more than half hour at a time.

I had a 50 series in an old GMC pickup that sounded great though with no droan.

I'm not sure if the droan was due to our fiberglass cars or just the 40 series Flow Master.

My Hooker side pipes and STS baffles are more quiet than the Flowmasters and they have no droan.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Bugman Jeff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blckslvr79

I had the 40 series on my 79 prior to sidepipes. The sound was cool, but the droan inside the car was horrible. I'd get a head ache if I drove more than half hour at a time.

I had a 50 series in an old GMC pickup that sounded great though with no droan.

I'm not sure if the droan was due to our fiberglass cars or just the 40 series Flow Master.

My Hooker side pipes and STS baffles are more quiet than the Flowmasters and they have no droan.
It's the mufflers. The 40's tend to drone no matter what kind of vehicle they're on. The less the exhaust tips extend out from under the body, the worse the drone is.

Quick Reply: FlowMasters....how do they work???