C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KoraSar C3 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 PM
KoraSar
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KoraSar C3 Exhaust

Hi, Can anyone tell me where I can get a "true dual exhaust system" installed, in Mechanicsburg, PA? I have antique plates and no need for inspections anymore... Thank you'all.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 PM
BPHORSEGUY
Melting Slicks

Location: SUFFIELD CT USA 2023 C8 CORVETTE UN-MODIFIED FINALIST
Received 649 Likes on 347 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Buy the exhaust from Mid America and have it installed at the shop of your choosing or have a local shop custom bend one for you. The Mid America option will be easier and cheaper!!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 AM
KoraSar
Cruising

Thank you :-)
Old 02-12-2013, 02:55 PM
SPC Meyer
Advanced

I bought the hooker headers dual exhaust from jegs and I installed it myself with no problem, just make sure you get the hooker headers, dont try to save money and get the cheaper headers cause it wont work without some modification, the dual exhaust kit is PN16521-$170 and the headers are PN2456 -$190, then what ever mufflers you decide on.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 PM
KoraSar
Cruising

What about this, from Mid America Motor wWorks?

1968-1982 Corvette Aluminized Steel Chambered Undercar Dual Exhaust Turn The Key And It's The Sounds of 1965 Again!

*Side Exhaust Sound And Performance With Undercar Exhaust Looks

Our technicians have designed 1968-1982 Corvette Aluminized Steel Chambered Undercar Dual Exhaust Systems utilizing chambered sections similar to the ones used on 1965-67 factory side exhaust. These 2.5" systems fits in the stock location with no modifications. 1968-73 utilizes your stock extensions, exiting through the rear valance panel. The 1974-up systems are supplied with turn-downs similar to the stock muffler tips. Exhaust extensions sold separately. The chambered sections give a deep, powerful side exhaust burble at idle and cruise speeds, easily allowing conversation or stereo listening. But when you "stand on it", your Corvette will have that great side exhaust growl! Make your selection by year, and type of transmission. Fits 327 & 350 "small block" engines or 427/454 "big blocks" engines. Comes with clamps and manifold gaskets. Manufactured from 14-16 gauge aluminized steel tubing.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:55 PM
SPC Meyer
Advanced

I would just spend a little extra and get the headers now cause your probably gonna want them later on anyways, if you want that chambered sound just go with strait pipes no mufflers. I went with hooker max flows and it sounds ok, not exactly the sound I was lookin for, they have a nice deep tone, I wanted something louder but deep. I should have went with strait pipes. Like I said though if you choose the hooker set up get the hooker headers jegs told me there headers would also work and they didnt. The only thing I had to do was remove the starter to get the passenger side header on and i removed the dipstick tube and alternator on the driver side, you have to remove these parts even with the hooker headers, make sure you put the intermediate pipes throught the crossmember before you put the headers on. it was very easy. Also the hooker set up flows better,

Last edited by SPC Meyer; 02-13-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To KoraSar C3 Exhaust

Quick Reply: KoraSar C3 Exhaust