C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Lars back???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:50 AM
vetteguy75
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
LA Events Coordinator

Default Is Lars back???

Just saw where he posted a reply to a thread....is he back? Hope so....
Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Every once in a while he pops back on and responds some.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:57 AM
jordan89
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen a couple of posts where he has responded not long ago.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Jim Shea
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

You can't keep a good man down!
Jim
Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
shmoky
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Shea
Jim

Just like you are Jim.

shmoky
Old 03-19-2010, 06:55 AM
HamadUP
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

These guys are the REAL assets here.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:01 AM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 856 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by HamadUP
You can say that again.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:42 AM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,928 Likes on 1,933 Posts

I'm in here on occasion and providing comment to people needing correct tech info on a few subjects. I'm always willing to assist people needing help and who are willing to listen, learn, and ask questions.

On that note, I'm also not putting up with idiots any longer. I fully intend to call the guys who are technical incompetents shooting their mouths off with bad and technically wrong advice (yes, there are a few of those here). These idiots have managed to chase away a large number of very good technical people from this Forum, leaving only a small hard-core technical group left. Nobody needs to put up with that, and I'm not going to have those people giving bad advice to people who need correct information. The BS'ers are going to get a BS flag thrown from me without hesitation.

As always, people needing technical assistance can also e-mail me directly for comment if you prefer to not use the public forum:
V8FastCars@msn.com

Lars

Last edited by lars; 03-19-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Capt. Shark
Team Owner

Location: Into the Mystic And yet, despite the look on my face, you're still talking TN
Received 155 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

My tuned by Lars Q-Jet still purrs
Old 03-19-2010, 12:18 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Received 1,180 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by lars
I'm in here on occasion and providing comment to people needing correct tech info on a few subjects. I'm always willing to assist people needing help and who are willing to listen, learn, and ask questions.

As always, people needing technical assistance can also e-mail me directly for comment if you prefer to not use the public forum:
V8FastCars@msn.com

Lars

Always welcome to stay with us if you are in the area.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:21 PM
eastltd
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

On that note, I'm also not putting up with idiots any longer. I fully intend to call the guys who are technical incompetents shooting their mouths off with bad and technically wrong advice (yes, there are a few of those here). These idiots have managed to chase away a large number of very good technical people from this Forum, leaving only a small hard-core technical group left. Nobody needs to put up with that, and I'm not going to have those people giving bad advice to people who need correct information. The BS'ers are going to get a BS flag thrown from me without hesitation.

V8FastCars@msn.com

Lars
How about bringing the "tuning for beers" tour north of the border Lars?

We have lots of respect for experts up here and the beer's pretty good to.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:27 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

I fully intend to call the guys who are technical incompetents shooting their mouths off with bad and technically wrong advice (yes, there are a few of those here).
I applaud you for your approach, and it's good to have you back, Lars. I'm technically incompetent when it comes to Quadrajets, but one of my goals for this year is to rebuild one for my Pontiac 455. Hopefully, I can be a quick study.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:41 PM
steve dalla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey lars, every bit of advice you have ever given me has been 100% correct, thank you. i dont know why you left the forum but its dam nice to have you back!!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:43 PM
djcwardog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in here on occasion and providing comment to people needing correct tech info on a few subjects. I'm always willing to assist people needing help and who are willing to listen, learn, and ask questions. ... As always, people needing technical assistance can also e-mail me directly for comment if you prefer to not use the public forum:
V8FastCars@msn.com

Lars
Lars,

I for one am glad to have had the benefit of all the advice you gave me a few years back when I set up my Rochester carb per your directions. What a great carb! I really like the APT on it (it's a JET 800 CFM Stage 2 that was used on the later cars) along with the K&N air-fuel meter that I used to set a/f ratio. Now I have the top of the engine torn down and the heads are going in for a rebuild - new cam too of course! It should be fun to dial it all in once I bolt it all up in a couple weeks or so. Stay with us, we sure appreciate your advice!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:19 PM
LS4 PILOT
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Q-JET finsh

V8FastCars@msn.com

Lars
Lars,

What type of finish is considered "FACTORY" for a restored Q-JET . Is there anyone or companies that can actually still applly the correct ROCHESTER GM finish on the carb body?

I want to have the best factory finish on my 7044221 as it needs a complete restoration .

Thanks for any info
Old 03-19-2010, 09:22 PM
eagle275
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lars

your input is so invaluable. I don't mean to sound corny, but I already spend hours reading what you have already sent me.

Last edited by eagle275; 03-20-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-20-2010, 03:14 AM
babbah
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 103 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteguy75
Just saw where he posted a reply to a thread....is he back? Hope so....

Get notified of new replies

To Is Lars back???

Old 03-20-2010, 08:14 AM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Shea
Jim
Originally Posted by shmoky

Just like you are Jim.

shmoky
Originally Posted by HamadUP
Originally Posted by 69ttop502
You can say that again.
Originally Posted by steve dalla
hey lars, every bit of advice you have ever given me has been 100% correct, thank you. i dont know why you left the forum but its dam nice to have you back!!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:22 AM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

On that note, I'm also not putting up with idiots any longer. I fully intend to call the guys who are technical incompetents shooting their mouths off with bad and technically wrong advice (yes, there are a few of those here). These idiots have managed to chase away a large number of very good technical people from this Forum, leaving only a small hard-core technical group left. Nobody needs to put up with that, and I'm not going to have those people giving bad advice to people who need correct information. THE BS'ers ARE GOING TO GET A BS FLAG THROWN FROM ME WITHOUT HESITATION.
Lars
Looking forward to this.
(Hope I don't get too many myself.)
Old 03-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by ...Roger...
Looking forward to this.
(Hope I don't get too many myself.)
I was thinking the same thing .

Quick Reply: Is Lars back???