C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 10:42 AM
stickben
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust suggestions?

Well, heres the project that Im going to be working on this spring. I want to conver the stock 2-1-2 style exhaust to a better flowing true dual exhaust. I think I found the headers I want. At summit they have a set of dynomax jet-hot ceramic coated headers for 215.00. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, I have no idea of what I want to install past the headers. Is there any good true dual exhaust kits out there that fit the 76 vette well? Or do you think I should have pipes bent at an exhaust shop? What diameter is good? Here in indiana we dont have emmisions testing so im not really worried about that. :) :)

thanks,
ben
Old 03-09-2002, 10:46 AM
BLT-71
Burning Brakes

Default Re: exhaust suggestions? (stickben)

Check with Allens exhaust in Logansport, Indiana. I put on a set of their chambered exhaust with my Hooker Headers. The sound is loud and proud and the install was easy. You just have to have an exhaust shop make the section to go between the header flange and the exhaust.
Old 03-09-2002, 11:10 AM
Aaron-74
Drifting

Default Re: exhaust suggestions? (BLT-71)

I got my Dyno-Max ceramics from Jegs for 206.00$. I'm going to be using Dyno-Max race magnum bullet mufflers.
http://www.aaron74.homeip.net:81/Sound/beast.wav

Old 03-09-2002, 12:04 PM
HeaderDesign.com
Instructor

Default Re: exhaust suggestions? (Aaron-74)

Make sure that your primary pipe diameter and lengths are correct, and that your collector diameter and length to the h-pipe is correct. Inexpensive headers usually emphasis fit not function. You will start losing torque from the bottom end on up if the primaries are too short or too big, or the collector is too big or too short/long.

I've tried off-the-shelf headers that hurt power throughout the entire rev range, even though the primaries were the correct diameter. Read this for some tips http://www.headerdesign.com/extras/design.asp
Old 03-09-2002, 12:14 PM
Ryan77
Drifting

Default Re: exhaust suggestions? (HeaderDesign.com)

I'm going to be using the same headers when I do my exhaust this summer. I'm going to be using an X-pipe and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. The X-pipe is supposed to flow the best. Check out the Jegs catalog or website, they ahve the everything you need, the headers, the X-pipe, and whatever mufflers you chose to use. :yesnod:
Old 03-09-2002, 12:20 PM
HeaderDesign.com
Instructor

Default Re: exhaust suggestions? (Ryan77)

Use a tangential intersection type x-pipe, and enlarge the crossover passage to maximum size.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:10 PM
stickben
Instructor

Default Re: exhaust suggestions? (stickben)

cool, thanks for the replies, Ill check out jegs aswell, I think i might have one of their catalogs laying around.

Get notified of new replies

To exhaust suggestions?

Quick Reply: exhaust suggestions?