C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any C3 owners lust for C5s

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 08:57 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Any C3 owners lust for C5s? (Flareside)

Actually, I really want a C4! A '96 Collectors Edition to be exact. Same color combo as my '68!
My doctors got a 96CE Convertible with about 5-6k miles on it (with 6yr/60k warranty which I guess is about to run out), fully loaded with the LT4 6-Speed he has talked about selling. It's been garaged and driven gently since day one. He's asking premium for it though.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:04 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any C3 owners lust for C5s? (78Vette-SA)

ok so I did. I admit it, but I took a long hard look in the mirror, and couldn't see any grey hairs......and realized the C3 was for me. :jester :jester Then I looked in my wallet, and couldn't see any green...then it was defanitly clear to me.

(not putting down any c5 owners, just joking around).

Daniel
Old 03-05-2002, 09:08 PM
70L46
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CF Pit Crew
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Almost CI III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Any C3 owners lust for C5s? (daniel77350)

ok so I did. I admit it, but I took a long hard look in the mirror, and couldn't see any grey hairs......and realized the C3 was for me. :jester :jester Then I looked in my wallet, and couldn't see any green...then it was defanitly clear to me.

(not putting down any c5 owners, just joking around).

Daniel
:lol: Guilty on the grey hair, (actually, I like to think of it as Cortez Silver :D ) - but ain't much green in my wallet either :p: :jester
Old 03-06-2002, 08:37 AM
One GM A Tech
Pro

Default Re: Any C3 owners lust for C5s? (twotone82)

Yeah since I get to fixem and drivem Its like owning with out the payments and insurance. Best of both worlds guys :cheers: :cheers: :chevy
Old 03-06-2002, 08:50 AM
apple76
Pro

The Viper would be on the top of my list but the C5 is a mighty fine piece.
Of course, a Viper or C5 would never replace my Shark, just compliment it... :yesnod:
Old 03-06-2002, 12:51 PM
73 Teach's Pet
Instructor

Default Re: Any C3 owners lust for C5s? (Kevin Mason)

Ewwwww....No!
The new Vettes look great in the front, but are literally buttt ugly in the back. They shouldn't have gone with wind tunnel tests to dictate the back end design, but should have designed something eye appealing to compliment the front. Just what I want, a car that only looks half as good as the C3's.
Besides, they are way too over priced out of reality. I can and do have several other more appealing cars, for the price of one C5.
Lastly, new cars are just that.... new! They are run of the mill new cars. The older some things get, the cooler and more appealing they become, like our C3's. It irks me to think that a C5 is worth more money than our C3's, which is only because GM has jacked up the price of the technology they are built with. Put the two side by side and the C3 is sooooo much older, and way cooler. They actually designed both ends of most of the C3's to be appealing to the eye, course what was GM thinking when they chamfered the back end of the 74-76 Vettes?
1 new C5 Vs. 2- 55 Chevies, 1-40 Ford Coupe, 2-87 Trans Ams and a 73 Vette
The decision is easy, but the storage of all those cars is the only downfall!
Be cool!
"TEACH"
Old 03-06-2002, 06:06 PM
BOBS-2001-CONV
Pro

Default Re: Any C3 owners lust for C5s? (ylose)

Not Me... ;) not anymore..
Old 03-07-2002, 02:13 AM
keytech
Racer

Well I hear they drive like a dream. but I just don't know about buying a car and losing thousands of dollars a t=year in depreciation. I like mine going up, plus us old guys like the classics (now that we are one :lol: )
Old 03-10-2002, 02:00 AM
Double Aught
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Any C3 owners lust for C5s? (Mike69)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The c5 is an awesome car no doubt. But I'll still take my 69 over a C5. I've thought many times about trading her in for a new model but it wouldnt be the same - or worth it to me. Park almost any C3 in a sea of C5's and see which car is going to get drooled over. Like I said the C5 is a Supercar, (litterally) but nothing offers the overall appeal of the C3 IMO. Nothing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I concur with this post. Just today, I had no less than five commuter vehicle drivers totally staring at my car. One lady beeped her horn at the red light I was at and told me what a beautiful car it was. Then she asked me if it was a fun car. Gee, what does everyone think I said? That said, I want a 99 or 00 Hardtop in a bad way. Nassau Blue or White, with Pewter as my third choice. One of these days....

[Modified by sd pacecar, 10:11 PM 3/9/2002]
Old 03-10-2002, 02:11 AM
Double Aught
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Any C3 owners lust for C5s? (Mike69)

The c5 is an awesome car no doubt. But I'll still take my 69 over a C5. I've thought many times about trading her in for a new model but it wouldnt be the same - or worth it to me. Park almost any C3 in a sea of C5's and see which car is going to get drooled over. Like I said the C5 is a Supercar, (litterally) but nothing offers the overall appeal of the C3 IMO. Nothing.
I concur with this post. Just today, I had no less than five commuter vehicle drivers totally staring at my car. One lady beeped her horn at the red light I was at and told me what a beautiful car it was. Then she asked me if it was a fun car. Gee, what does everyone think I said? That said, I want a 99 or 00 Hardtop in a bad way. Nassau Blue or White, with Pewter as my third choice. One of these days....

[Modified by Mike69, 9:37 AM 2/28/2002][/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Any C3 owners lust for C5s