C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power antenna motor swap help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:43 PM
82collectersvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power antenna motor swap help

just wondering if anyone has directions on how to switch the motor on the power antenna because mine is bad

Thanks,

Drew
Old 11-03-2009, 05:04 PM
doctorgene
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Hello Mr. Drew, If you are speaking of the whole unit, Jack up rear of car, insert jack stand, remove the driver's side muffler, Unplug at plug end, behind rear drivers side speaker. Loosen antenna mast nut, using the proper tool, or two screw drivers, tapping lightly, remove the bracket from the fender area,
finish removing mast nut, and remove unit. make repairs, or replace, unit in reverse order. Have a great day. Most times it's just the mast cable broken, or no juice to the motor, Gene
Old 11-03-2009, 05:22 PM
82collectersvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, i looked under and i see that now let me ask you this how do you check if there is no juice to the motor.. and is there a way to manually lift it up in the mean time
Old 11-04-2009, 01:42 PM
doctorgene
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Mr. Drew Yes Sir: you need to buy a Corvette Shop Manual By GM Helm I-800-782-4356 This is the company that made them for GM. I has a complete breakdown of Accessories wiring diagrams. I see them for sale on this forum used, ever so often. Have a great day. Gene

Get notified of new replies

To power antenna motor swap help

Quick Reply: power antenna motor swap help