C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Owe JCL an Apology - BBC Power Back

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:34 AM
ddn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Owe JCL an Apology - BBC Power Back

Well, JCL was right. Uncapped the spiral baffles perform just about as well as you could hope. As you might recall I was struggling to understand why my engine that dyno'ed at 545 was putting down 283HP on the chassis dyno. Turns out that 4 of the brand new Accel injectors weren't flowing. New injectors, sorted a few other things out, re-installed the baffles, re-mapped the ECU and ta-da:

Could probably still squeeze a little more out of it, it was slightly lean from 3500 to 4500 and then fairly rich all the way up to 6k. And it was HOT in the dyno cell. Nonetheless, I am very happy with 400+ rwhp.

Also, the JCL spiral baffles sound fantastic uncapped. They are loud, but not ear-splitting almost embarassing loud like open pipes.

Hell yeah!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:26 PM
calwldlife
Team Owner

Received 763 Likes on 615 Posts
St. Jude Donor '22

Old 08-14-2009, 07:35 PM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 859 Likes on 630 Posts

Good job. Glad you found the power and thanks for revisiting the subject. Stand up dude.

Bill
Old 08-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Hadez
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah...congrats on getting her finally dialed in. Our engines are almost identical so I knew you had it hidden there some place. I should be getting mine dyno'd at the end of this month and expect similar rwhp results. I had a ton of little items as well adding up to huge power loss like....bad spark plug wires, incorrectly installed coil, bad distrib cap, and crappy programing of the ECU from Edelbrock that has a ton of errors so after finding a guy who reversed engineered the ECU and fixed all the errors and correcting the other stuff she now screams smoothly down the highway to 6,500rpms.

Now get her out on the 1/4 mile track once or twice for some real fun!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Owe JCL an Apology - BBC Power Back

Quick Reply: Owe JCL an Apology - BBC Power Back