C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 10:15 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default Vacuum Questions

i recently replaced a bad relay valve on my car. Everything seems to be running and working fine. The only problem I can see is that all my vacuum accesories ( headlights and wiper door) open and close everytime I shut down and restart my car. If anyone has and idea what could cause this I would be grateful.

Mark B.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:20 AM
2ND77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum Questions (Sigforty)

Sounds like you have the lights/wiper doors connected directly to the engine vacuum, by passing the switches. Have you checked the hose routing? That would be my first step.

Good luck.

Ron
Old 02-11-2002, 06:04 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default Re: Vacuum Questions (2ND77)

I only removed my hose at the valve and the vacuum tank. I originally thought the tank was the problem, but it turned out to be the wiper relay valve. I replaced the valve and connected everything back to the tank. I think I might have connected things wrong at the tank. I tried playing the those hose, but forgot where they originally went on the tank. My vacuum tank has three connections. If someone could tell me what hose goes where. The three hoses I need to connect are the driver's side vacuum for the headlight, the vacuum from the engine and the vacuum connection with the T. The three tank connections are one far inside the drivers side fender, and two on the engine side of the vacuum tank one on the top the other on the bottom.

Mark B.

[Modified by Sigforty, 9:27 AM 2/12/2002]
Old 02-12-2002, 11:49 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default Re: Vacuum Questions (Sigforty)

My switches and everything operate as normal. It is just everything opens and closes everytime I start the vehicle.

Mark B.

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuum Questions

Quick Reply: Vacuum Questions