C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

very hard steering & breaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 05:21 PM
LS 80Vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default very hard steering & breaking

I just changed over to hydroboost from hydrotech and now I have very very hard steering and I have to apply very very hard pressure to stop with just moving at idle speed being in drive. I had the steeroids R&P completly out so the system was dry when I started going through the bleeding process. I followed the bleeding procedure that was provided with the kit. I even redrained the system the best I could and started over. Both times when it came to start the engine for the first time after lock to lock turning of the steering for atleast 30 times, the pump got lots of tiny little bubbles, left it set 15 minutes and the bubbles went away, restarted the engine and no more bubbles. But still very hard to turn the steering ( need a two hand and arm strenght to turn) and still need to stand hard on the brakes to stop ( it barely stops ). Could the system still have air bubbles? ................very disgusted at this point.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:28 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Yes, sometimes it take a day or two to work it's way quiet and air free.....normal for lines being open....

Old 05-11-2009, 07:20 PM
LS 80Vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS 80Vette
I just changed over to hydroboost from hydrotech and now I have very very hard steering and I have to apply very very hard pressure to stop with just moving at idle speed being in drive. I had the steeroids R&P completly out so the system was dry when I started going through the bleeding process. I followed the bleeding procedure that was provided with the kit. I even redrained the system the best I could and started over. Both times when it came to start the engine for the first time after lock to lock turning of the steering for atleast 30 times, the pump got lots of tiny little bubbles, left it set 15 minutes and the bubbles went away, restarted the engine and no more bubbles. But still very hard to turn the steering ( need a two hand and arm strenght to turn) and still need to stand hard on the brakes to stop ( it barely stops ). Could the system still have air bubbles? ................very disgusted at this point.

UPDATE..... Problem is fixed, I accidently put the power steering valve and spring reversed in the pump, everything is operating good now, steering and braking.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
MN80Vette
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have Steeroids and I'm in the process of switching to Hydroboost too. I'll remember to be patient with the bleeding process.

Thanks for posting!!

Get notified of new replies

To very hard steering & breaking

Quick Reply: very hard steering & breaking